whats the most cost efficient system | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss whats the most cost efficient system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a combination boiler the most efficient system.not instalation cost, running cost with natural gas.

i guess so because you only heat what you need

beware though that the power required is a lot as its instant, hence the larger boilers

;punter has a system boiler at present,3 bed,1 bathroom,1 ensuite ,3 adults, 2 toilets,wants running costs reduced, and seems set on a combi and to be fair he's probs right, any thoughts.

;punter has a system boiler at present,3 bed,1 bathroom,1 ensuite ,3 adults, 2 toilets,wants running costs reduced, and seems set on a combi and to be fair he's probs right, any thoughts.

Is there a shower in the ensuite? Because if there is then with that many adults and women there's a good chance that they'll be in use at the same time.

Combi`s are good for one thing one person one bathroom single use / also good for the instaler because there easy.
If the existing instalation has a HWC then it`s futile to remove and fit a less sufficient system

Combi`s are good for one thing one person one bathroom single use / also good for the instaler because there easy.
If the existing instalation has a HWC then it`s futile to remove and fit a less sufficient system
totally agree,but punter thinks in the long run he'll save money, because as we know combi's use gas when asked too, i suppose you've got an element of control, they. the punter think heating a cylinder full of water is a waste when you can have hot water on tap as with combi,what can i say to make him change his mind.

so he is looking for cheapest to run, not necessarily the best type or suitable system

totally agree,but punter thinks in the long run he'll save money, because as we know combi's use gas when asked too, i suppose you've got an element of control, they. the punter think heating a cylinder full of water is a waste when you can have hot water on tap as with combi,what can i say to make him change his mind.

tell him with combi if it brakes down he has no back up, but with cylinder he has an immersion heater, and he would need a big combi for any decent flow rates which would use alot of KWs when heating the hot water, where as a system boiler wont use as much KW to heat the cylinder. Customers just like the idea of instant hot water on demand without having to heat it up first

Water usage may go up with the combi depending on the pipe runs since the hot water may have more pipework to heat before it reaches the taps. Biggest potential hassle will be total reliance on the boiler (ie no immersion) unless he also installs an electric shower in the ensuit. Also likely to get leaks from poor joints on previous gravity head supplied pipes that are now subject to mains pressure.

Combi's are very inefficient in reality

Definateley in some cases ie: filling the kitchen sink with hot water when the boiler is at the other end of the house or in the attic, wastes a whole load of gas....and water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
My water tank is new pictured in my profile ,I...
Replies
Views
In a one-pipe heating system with a condensing...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
C
Nobody seems to know what this is based on, if...
Replies
Views
Back