Whats the most reliable motorized valve | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Whats the most reliable motorized valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, Honeywell. (for Domestic I presume).
Not had many go faulty over the years.

Going off what others have said about them I have wondered if the quality is not dropping slightly though!

Like it tends to do with most things over time.

In northern Ireland danfoss ,myson and Drayton seem to be the most popular valve fitted in heating systems. I dont like Drayton, myson seems to be the best of the three. Honeywell valves are not as popular, i guess it all comes down to cost.

Honeywell for me too. I have been tempted to try the cheaper alternatives but i think I'd just be inviting trouble.

Drayton for me, had too many honeys fail

Surprised anyone still trusts Honeywell valves. They do look well made on the outside, but if you open a failed Honeywell valve and take a look at the poor design, you will find the loose arm has worn. That is, unless they have changed the design, which I doubt.
I find Honeywell poor, Danfoss total rubbish, Drayton okay, but break after a few years and lock micro switch on. Myson motorised valves are cheap and surprisingly reasonable reliability

Thanks for your replies, its good to get the thoughts of different plumbers / engineers on there experience with motorized valves.
Sync motors are basically the same in all so its down to quality of motors and micro switches for the actuator. Also some come with 5 year warranty which i find strange, how can the supplier tell when it was fitted and cover the warranty.

Thanks for your replies, its good to get the thoughts of different plumbers / engineers on there experience with motorized valves.
Sync motors are basically the same in all so its down to quality of motors and micro switches for the actuator. Also some come with 5 year warranty which i find strange, how can the supplier tell when it was fitted and cover the warranty.
Because skilled professions like myself ;) have to keep receipts and records for an absolute age.:mad: So if one breaks we can check when it was fitted.:D

Drayton for me easily removed head. I hate Danfoss especially the 4 wire version. I thought butterfly valves had less problems.

I have changed loads of myson power extra valves and heads. I don't really rate them at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I took @Chuck to mean: A reputable...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There was a single tap causing the issue. We...
Replies
Views
Also, they could even supply their own tube...
Replies
Views
Back