Where are TMV’s required | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Where are TMV’s required in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am pricing up fitting some basins in a beauty salon. Each room requires a basin for use by the beautician. Do these basins require a TMV to be fitted. I know the basin in the toilet which the general public may use will do, but do the basins in the treatment rooms need them too?

What are they being used for

I would put tmv3 on them

As Shaun has stated if they are fed via a stored hot water supply of 60 ° c or above then they require a tmv3 blending valve , but often the hot supply is supplied by a electric shower unit or small stored hot water heaters of 10 litres or less ? I've plumbed out several hairdressers and beauty places and only the kitchenette hot water tap was not temperature controlled. Regards kop

Its not that they will be used by vulnerable people, they will be used by employees and possibly on their clients so there's a possibility of scalding this removes that possibility and covers the owner from accidents and any claims against them 😉👍

It’s a public place and the risk of staff or public using it is high especially with it being in treatment rooms it’s the risk factor

No legal requirement just liability

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
So I found, Oz. Never mind, I used the one I...
Replies
Views
Are you asking if you can run a toilet into an...
Replies
Views
If you have the spare funds go ahead as it...
Replies
Views
I havent yet....but it's looking like TMV's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for your advice I will get up into...
Replies
Views
Back