Where can I find compatible fittings? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Where can I find compatible fittings? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This a mix of material pipework and sizes. It's steel (what size?) and 35mm copper 28mm copper. I need to replace the leaky bit and tidy it up if I can.
Where can I get the reducer from what I think is 2" steel to 28mm copper?
Any pointers?

Attachments

• IMG20240529124336.jpg
    IMG20240529124336.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG20240529124123.jpg
    IMG20240529124123.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 37
That’s a union so just needs stripping and pasting

That’s a union so just needs stripping and pasting
Can I get a threaded connection, to replace the union? What would it be called? Female iron 2" and MI 35mm ?
The leaking bit isn't the union. There's 35-28 copper reducer coupler that probably wasn't soldered and the fella wants the pipe work nearer the ceiling. So, that's why I'm looking to replace the union if i can, but I don't know, what size or where to buy tehm.

Reducing iron socket 2" (if that's what it is) x 1", then 1" x 28mm compression straight or elbow, whatever suits the new layout.

For iron you'd need Pipe Centre or BSS or other independent iron pipe and fittings supplier.

Similar to this,

Pipe socket.PNG

Can I get a threaded connection, to replace the union? What would it be called? Female iron 2" and MI 35mm ?
The leaking bit isn't the union. There's 35-28 copper reducer coupler that probably wasn't soldered and the fella wants the pipe work nearer the ceiling. So, that's why I'm looking to replace the union if i can, but I don't know, what size or where to buy tehm.

Measure the width of the of the steel tube 1” measure 11/4” od etc

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I wouldn't worry about them. Leave them a be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes the above is def steel barrell pipe - Want...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.ipsflowsystems.com/cpvc-solvent-cem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've seen enough bad work done by those who...
Replies
Views
Back