Where do you put your pipe in the van? SWB vs LWB Transporter?!?!? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Where do you put your pipe in the van? SWB vs LWB Transporter?!?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GB123

Hi im new here so sorry in advance if i make any mistakes!

Basically i have a 07 SWB Transit at ther moment but im due a new van, been to place an order of a new Transporter but cant decide SWB or LWB?

In my transit i have cut a hole in the bulk head under the passenger seat, i have then fixed a length of 4" soil pipe and use that to keep my pipe in, very neat and tidy and saves having a roof rack.

Problem is in the transporter you cannot do this and im struggling to find a way of getting some soile pipe in without a roof rack or a LWB both of which i really really dont want.

So mu question is anyone with a Transporter... where do you keep your pipe lol?

Thanks in advance.

The transit custom has a flap in the bulk head that lifts to fit pipe through under passenger side. Have you looked at these, might be worth a look.

The transit custom has a flap in the bulk head that lifts to fit pipe through under passenger side. Have you looked at these, might be worth a look.

I have mate but really want a VW, my transit isnt too old and its falling to bits!

Plus also want the 180BHP over fords top engine of 155BHP

roof rack, or fold down the passenger seat if you aint got a bulkhead.

roof rack, or fold down the passenger seat if you aint got a bulkhead.

Hate roof racks mate i dont see the point in getting a nice van to have one of those on top... my transit has been fine but its the seats in the VW you cant get anything underneath. Also want a full bulk head :(

I've cut a 4" hole through my bulkhead on the passengers side at floor level.

Inside the van , it's a mwb and slots above the drivers cab, loads of room,

Either mwb and it fits into the bulkhead above the driver. Or like mine, lwb and 3m lengths fit in the back.
image.jpg

Might be just me (probably is!) but does the WD40 in the top left look like its peeping round the corner at us?
Perhaps I should lay off the 18 hour days!

The problem is i want the same thing i have had with my transit. Nice looking van with no roofrack, SWB, standard roof. Is there no one on here with a normal SWB transporter that does not have a roof rack haha?

My old boss had his squashed down beside his handbrake and it ruind the van, the pipe cut the bottom of the dash and the rubber floor to peices.

This is why i would like to get two lengths of soil through????

Hi im new here so sorry in advance if i make any mistakes!

Basically i have a 07 SWB Transit at ther moment but im due a new van, been to place an order of a new Transporter but cant decide SWB or LWB?

In my transit i have cut a hole in the bulk head under the passenger seat, i have then fixed a length of 4" soil pipe and use that to keep my pipe in, very neat and tidy and saves having a roof rack.

Problem is in the transporter you cannot do this and im struggling to find a way of getting some soile pipe in without a roof rack or a LWB both of which i really really dont want.

So mu question is anyone with a Transporter... where do you keep your pipe lol?

Thanks in advance.

Ive got a vivaro/traffic swb and I've got two lengths of square down pipe screwed to the inside on the roof, I can fit 2m lengths of copper or wastepipe in them but that's it, 3m wont fit in even on an angle without bending the pipe, so I've got a roof rack, need it for the big ladders but as long as you get a decent roof rack I dont think it makes the van look bad

The other downside with roof racks is the additional fuel consumption. We've no choice on our vans, but we'd prefer not to have them!
Would you consider a pipe holder, the van vault ones look pretty good, a guy near me has one either side of his van and has incorporated them into his sign writing. You could also spray them up to match the van colour? It'd certainly be better than getting a bigger van just for the sake of carrying pipe. Think of the easier parking and less fuel etc.
a couple of soil pipes on the roof would look a bit iffy, but a nice pipe carrier?????

The other downside with roof racks is the additional fuel consumption. We've no choice on our vans, but we'd prefer not to have them!
Would you consider a pipe holder, the van vault ones look pretty good, a guy near me has one either side of his van and has incorporated them into his sign writing. You could also spray them up to match the van colour? It'd certainly be better than getting a bigger van just for the sake of carrying pipe. Think of the easier parking and less fuel etc.
a couple of soil pipes on the roof would look a bit iffy, but a nice pipe carrier?????

My fuel consumption didn't change to much when I put my roof rack on, its more if your carrying big sets of ladders or materials that made a bigger difference

My fuel consumption didn't change to much when I put my roof rack on, its more if your carrying big sets of ladders or materials that made a bigger difference

I've never tried without the ladders on. We hardly even go up ladders so chuff knows why we even carry them! Do you find your van is noisier with the rack on though? Ours make a right racket.

I've never tried without the ladders on. We hardly even go up ladders so chuff knows why we even carry them! Do you find your van is noisier with the rack on though? Ours make a right racket.

My cab noise was terrible but I've just had the front shock replaced and the bushes done, its a pleasure to drive now and the noise is a lot less in the cab,

I don't think the ladders make too much noise only when there a little bit loose or on an angle the wind whistles down them then
Same really we usually take the ladders off but its a pain when you get to a job and need them so I've just been leaving them on

Why cant u do it in a Transporter? I have lwb Transporter kombi's. Simply made up boxing and the boxing ends up under the drivers seat. I used to carry 3.4 m lengths of timber in it. The swb is 400mm shorter so will still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
I only read the title as I got bored of...
Replies
Views
Back