where is the best place to get a hot water cylinder? And what kind?? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss where is the best place to get a hot water cylinder? And what kind?? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

S

sharonanderson

Hi Ive just bought a seaside chalet with electric only. Its got an ancient copper cylinder which is starting to leak and needs replacing. Can anyone advise me of a product which will save me electric bills in the long run? It is only for a small 1400mm bath, as having an undersink water heater for washing up in kitchen sink and washing hand basin in bathroom. Thanks

any decent merchants will be able to get a direct replacement for existing made to measure all the chalets ive stayed in seem to have odd sized ones or elson combined tanks a photo would help us advise you also where you or the chalet is would help

Solar thermal? Velux ones are cheap!

Hi its in Sussex. It doesnt have a loft with a water tank. At the moment there is just an old copper cylinder with an immersion (with the fuse box right under it!!) Ive had a look on the internet and there are so many different types, and when Ive been in plumbing shops to ask, have been told several different ideas so its confused me. Im thinking of one which has 2 immersion rods going into it and has a 25 year guarantee, its called "unvented" and was in Screwfix for about £500. Its called RM Stelflow, 120 litres which will be plenty for the tiny bath. Is that the best option do you think? The chalet is derelict at the mo, we are doing it up, so you wouldnt want to stay in it!

If you go unvented, need pressures and flow rate checking, ensure that you get a correctly qualified engineer to install. Must be g3 qualified as its notifiable to local building control. Also may want to get one with a coil so that you could consider solar down the road without changing the cylinder.

Hi its in Sussex. It doesnt have a loft with a water tank. At the moment there is just an old copper cylinder with an immersion (with the fuse box right under it!!) Ive had a look on the internet and there are so many different types, and when Ive been in plumbing shops to ask, have been told several different ideas so its confused me. Im thinking of one which has 2 immersion rods going into it and has a 25 year guarantee, its called "unvented" and was in Screwfix for about £500. Its called RM Stelflow, 120 litres which will be plenty for the tiny bath. Is that the best option do you think? The chalet is derelict at the mo, we are doing it up, so you wouldnt want to stay in it!

Let your plumber get the cylinder you need

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That’s good, we’ll persevered! Let us know...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
They sound extremely suspect, I realise it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The basin & bathtaps will be pretty old to be...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
Back