Where to buy a Replacement Spout for Kitchen Mixer Tap? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Where to buy a Replacement Spout for Kitchen Mixer Tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Chaps,

I am looking to replace the peeling spout of my kitchen tap (not the entire tap).

The local hardware store says they only do entire taps (and warned that majority other shops also only do complete taps).

So where can I buy one of these spare spouts?

0RRiRwL.jpg IMG_20160416_191639.jpg IMG_20160416_191621.jpg

Spout will probably cost you £30-40 new tap £35

Ok, but where do I buy this particular type of spout? "notjusttaps.co.uk" do a similar spout for like £25, but I dont know if I should order it (are these a generic type fit on the spout base?)

Ok, but where do I buy this particular type of spout? "notjusttaps.co.uk" do a similar spout for like £25, but I dont know if I should order it (are these a generic type fit on the spout base?)

No each manufacturer will use their own, you will have to find Manu then see if they do spares

Not worth the expense just replace the tap, Bristan have a 5 year warranty, due to age you Proberly wont get a spout for it, only other option is to get it re-chromed .

Just read your other comment ! if you are in a rented property its not down to you to replace it, unless you have damaged it !!

Not worth the expense just replace the tap, Bristan have a 5 year warranty, due to age you Proberly wont get a spout for it, only other option is to get it re-chromed .

£120 is what the local professional quoted me to do the job (he says he has to take out the entire sink) and I am no plumbing champ.

Get it Re-Chromed? Hmm.. where do I take it and how much would it cost?

Last edited:
Landlord blatantly refused..Ah joys of living in London

That is down to the landlord, complain to letting agent, Landlord can-not refuse to do repairs, unless you have caused the damage, other option call in plumber and deduct cost from rent ! or find somewhere else to live, How long have you been at this address, get advise from C.A.B or environmental health, tell them you cant use tap and landlord wont do anything about it.

No will not fit read what it says (Screws in) your spout has no thread.

I realize this is more complex than I initially thought.. I will continue my search for the manufacturer. £120 looks like the easy way out..but I will persevere for some more time.
Thanks everyone for your support so far!

Last edited:
Provided the tap works, and the damage is only cosmetic, the landlord has no obligation to replace or repair it.

However, any sensible landlord would replace it as silly things like this make a place more difficult to let. He / she might be losing £20 per month in rent for the sake of changing the tap. Not good economics.

Provided the tap works, and the damage is only cosmetic, the landlord has no obligation to replace or repair it.

However, any sensible landlord would replace it as silly things like this make a place more difficult to let. He / she might be losing £20 per month in rent for the sake of changing the tap. Not good economics.

Although things like this don't look very nice (Cosmetic) as you say ! it can become a health issue with a surface that can-not be properly cleaned especially in a kitchen, this is just another case of a money grabbing landlord, only interested in rent & not maintenance, just hoping that tenant will do it, these sort of landlords realey P-ss me off

Did you manage to find a replacement spout as I too am looking for that exact one

I doubt that you have asked for permission to advertise on here mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you. Good to know that there are options...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Always used Regin Silicon Grease, WRAS...
Replies
Views
Really!..ok ill give it another go. Bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older...
Replies
Views
Back