Where to Buy Industrial Pipes in the UK for Furniture/Decorating | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Where to Buy Industrial Pipes in the UK for Furniture/Decorating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning,
Moved into a new house and have a few things I need to build. Keen to make some stuff using metal plumbing pipe, but struggling to find somewhere in the uk that sells everything I need.

Is there a best place to source this kind of stuff from?

Top of my to-do-list is to install 3 bike hooks on the ceiling, for these I'm planning to create 3 hooks from 90 degree angles + pipes and screw to the ceiling. Something like this, which would need
- 1x 4-screw flange to screw into the ceiling
- 2x right angle bends
- 2x short (10cm ish) lengths of threaded tube
(for each hook, with middle one having a longer bit of tube).

Untitled.png

Any tips much appreciated.
Thanks

Pipe center or Flocon or as mentioned BSS industrial

Last edited:
Roughly where are you, OP?

You would also need to hire a set of hand dies and a tripod vice.

Pipeline Centres, where about are you?

What you need to be asking for is

-1x 4-screw flange to screw into the ceiling = PN6 / 113 15mm (1/2 inch) screwed black flanges
- 2x right angle bends = Photo shows a 15mm (1/2 inch) black iron M&F Elbow but if you need to either have another bend or to extend the hook you will need an F&F Elbow.
- 2x short (10cm ish) lengths of threaded tube = They don't do pre-threaded pipe in 100mm lengths unless you can still buy a 1/2" connector & cut off the parallel thread you don't need.

It is either a 15mm (1/2 inch) barrel nipple or buy a 1/2 random length of 15mm (1/2 inch) Medium Black tube & have someone cut & thread the lengths you need.

The fitting on the end of the M&F Elbow is a 15mm (1/2 inch) black iron Cap.

Photos of the finish article would be nice.

Have fun.

Got a vice. Assumed an adjustable spanner would be all that's needed to connect the pipes?

Depends on how aesthetic you want it to be. A standard vice would tend to put flats on the pipe. You'll need hand dies to cut the thread on the pipe once you have cut it to length, you can hire them from hss. I think Wandsworth is your nearest branch.

https://www.hss.com/hire/p/ratchet-die-stock

Just use some thread lock and tighten the fittings as much as you can by hand, it doesn't need to be water tight.

1/2" pipe and fittings will do you.

Looks like you might get away with Nipples! Not pipe!

Find a BSS and go down and ask em, go in the afternoon around 1400 and it should be quiet, be warned if its busy they probably wont be that interested in helping out.

If you have one try your local boat yard (canal), they should have a range of black iron fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

F
Well if you are not a member of a ladies gym...
Replies
Views
kay-jay
K
Are pipes made of marshmallow acceptable?
Replies
Views
M
Hi again clanger.... the government supports...
Replies
Views
eddiebrown424
E
Back