Where to find a replacement solar TMV? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Where to find a replacement solar TMV? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Jay

Hi all,

A while back I posted about an issue I was having with hot taps running luke warm whilst the water in the cylinder was hot (70 deg).

It was determined that the likely issue was a faulty TMV.

I’m looking for assistance for 2 points if possible:
1. Does anyone know where I can get a like for like replacement for the Solar TMV. There seems to be many types out there and to the untrained it’s a little confusing. Image of current one included. Can’t figure out who the manufacturer is - Altecnic possibly??

2. It looks straight forward to swap out. I have previously had to change out a PRV and had remove and reseat one of the expansion vessels. So not a complete newbie. Can anyone direct me to an instructional video etc? Or provide me with an overview of how to change it out?

Hot Water set-up:
  • Unvented cylinder - Range Tribune HE Indirect Solar TT300 by Kingspan
  • Solar panels - “Clearly Solar Collectors” by Glow worm
  • Solar panel system - Solar pump station and system hydraulics by Glow worm
  • Boiler - Logic Heat 15 by Ideal
  • Programmable thermostats and hot water timer by Danfoss (TP9000+TP5000Si)
  • Fluropro solar control by Glow worm

Many thanks in advance.
8D92D7B9-4CE7-4FD9-AE23-201976115C78.jpeg
3F9D6473-4E8F-4CF9-8184-7B8370C607EA.jpeg

Attachments

• E23224FE-6055-4764-A8AA-FD1945F83ABF.jpeg
    E23224FE-6055-4764-A8AA-FD1945F83ABF.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Pegular bulldog looks the same 22mm

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, Over the last month we noticed water...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Back