Where to purchase an combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Where to purchase an combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snash1039

Looking to purchase a new combi boiler.

Where can I purchase one online or store?

Any recommendations. I know places like ebay
do it, but can I trust them.

I ave had an quote, which seemed reasonable
but wanted to make sure how much it would
cost or rather have a qualified plumber to do
the job as opposed to me buy the boiler and
the parts.

If I did buy an combi online whether it be
online or store, are there other parts I
will require to buy seperatley or otherwise,
or will this be included in the boiler.

How much conservatively am I looking to
pay for combi as well as other materials?

Thanks,

Snaash1039

you will need the boiler, the flue, the controls (ie. timer,room stat)

as for price..... how longs a piece of string? you would be better off deciding what boiler you want then looking for the best price, not judging the boilers on price first. If you are going to supply all the materials then make sure you get everything needed or your plumber wont be too pleased waiting around for materials to be fetched/delivered.

most engineers will be able to get materails at trade prices, might be better to get 3-4 quotes first before you try and buy it yourself.

Last edited:
how long is a piece of string make model ect

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at vaillent ecotech plus 831 or viessman 200.

How much am I expected (rough guess) to pay
for all materials, take the 831 for example?

Yes, there a mixed prices. But what are the popular one's where majority of boiler installers get theirs? Any reputable companies?

Think you're in for a world of earache matey! "How much?, I've seen them on tinternet for 25pence less than you've charged me!" etc...........................

Yes.

"I've heard Biasi boilers are good"

That's when I know I'm not going to get the job :)

customers i dont want! when some one rings up and says i have bought a boiler can you fit it, i just price my self out of the job! i dont want to work for these people,

you can buy boilers cheaper on the net, true, i buy from my merchants because i get parts the same day, i can take things back, oh and on that sunday when your desperate for a part because your boiler of the internet is broke, they open up just for me so i can fix your boiler! thats why i dont mind paying a few quid more for my stuff, because lets be honest the more people buy off the net the less merchants out there, and when you need something they wont be there, tbh i use local merchants over the big ones aswell :)

can get them even cheaper...if there knicked, wont get a guarentee tho.

you should be looking at £500 - £2400 fitted.

you buy cheap you buy twice , if you had a quote that was reasonable then accpet it and let the pro crack on

My advise is do not buy a boiler until you have found and installer who will fit it.
You could find yourself seriously stuck
And you are unlikely to save any money buying it yourself as we can almost certainly get it for the same price or cheaper.

If you want to buy it and you find the installer who agrees to fit it - go through the shopping list with the installer so you have definitely ordered everything you need and all the right stuff.

Many times I have heard people complaining about getting quotes for relacement boilers that are £2,500 or more when the boiler only costs £800. But the rest of the kit could bring the materials cost up to over £1,500.
And £1,000+ may be a reasonable price to cover labour & overheads for an insured gas safe registered installer, given the installation could take 2 or more days.

So - Find installer first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
P
https://www.gotogasdocs.co.uk/f/m/Worcester/Oth...
Replies
Views
Can you give some more info? National company...
Replies
Views
Back