Which 110 chamfer tool? | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which 110 chamfer tool? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

WC1

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am looking to buy one.
What's your favourite soil pipe changer tool?
Thanks

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Interesting suggestions
Doing a few, but would have to think carefully about £200 tho !!
File or grinder never do a really nice, uniform job and my 4' grinder normally carries a cut off wheel so do it's change wheel or grind with a cut off...

It cuts and chanfers to oem spec will take a pic tomorrow

Never seen that type before. Shame there's no YouTube from the mfr. Most put promo vids up - nerrad/rigid etc
[automerge]1596650596[/automerge]
Yes, just seen that nerrad actually do one like that - chamfer and cut

Last edited:
You can get it perfect with a file, what you on about!!!!!

Nice square cut with a saw, file all around at an angle, finish off with some 120 grit if you want.

Come on, we’re skilled craftsmen after all !!!!!!.......

You can get it perfect with a file, what you on about!!!!!

Nice square cut with a saw, file all around at an angle, finish off with some 120 grit if you want.

Come on, we’re skilled craftsmen after all !!!!!!...

Yes you can but it’s time can cut and finish off under 30 seconds

Cut and File would say around 2-3 mins over a few joints it adds up

Looks like a beautiful cut and chamfer but if you're cutting a long section in half you wouldn't be able to keep your hand on the handle as you go round and would have to keep swapping hands or letting go and bringing the cutting hand round the other side of the pipe. (If that makes sense)
[automerge]1596894527[/automerge]
Seems like a bit of a faff if they say it needs lubricant.

Last edited:
I've always used a file or some kind of abrasive - 40 grit does ok. When you've got a fair few joints to make then you start to wonder "isnt there a better way?"
Bit like the plastic waste pipe slice things from rothy when they came along I thought they were unnecessary but then I used one and the speed, accuracy, lack of swarf and burr was an eye opener and now I wouldn't be without.
[automerge]1596981760[/automerge]
I think they include lube for the fittings when you push them together
I think you are right, it looked like like some kind of cutting oil type of deal

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Went with both options, my new bacho wide grip...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I am writing my master's thesis at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not the approved way but....either grab the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Same here. There are times you just cannot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun just after writing I found a...
Replies
Views
Back