Which Bend for bottom of Soil Stack? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which Bend for bottom of Soil Stack? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonjack

Hello

I want to replace the current in-situ salt-glazed pipe that is currently in place at the bottom of my soil stack.
The salt-glazed bend is about 500 mm below the surface and there is a salt-glazed downpipe going into that.
Looking down into them, after removing my cast-iron stack recently, I can see that the downpipe is damaged and there has been some movement so waste is escaping.
My intention is to remove the damaged salt-glazed downpipe and possibly the bend.

Will a bend like this be ok? Double Socket Bend 87.5° | NoLinkingToThis

cheers
Jon

I'd fit one of these personally 87.5° Double Socket Rest Bend | NoLinkingToThis . How high is your stack and how many WC discharge into it?

Hi Howsie

Thanks for the comment. That does indeed look like the better junction.

The stack is up a 2 story semi-detached, so about 20 feet I guess.
There are 2 WCs currently discharging into it from the upper floor - their connections to the stack will be approx. 12 feet above the bend.

My plan is to connect another ground floor WC into this same stack.

Can you tell me if this is a suitable junction to join the new soil pipe into the vertical stack at ground level?
Equal Junction 87.5° Triple | NoLinkingToThis

The crown of the side-connection will be about 500mm above the invert of the horizontal drain that will connect into the exit of the bottom bend which I think is just about allowable.

I am having an experienced plumber/groundworker to come and OK my work later BTW.

cheers
Jon

Thanks Howsie.

If it is not to be buried then I can use the same connector but in black right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Any plumber on here from Middlesbrough? I’m...
Replies
Views
Don’t worry about a slight roughness inside...
Replies
Views
Glad you got it sorted bud
Replies
Views
Replace the whole lot and as mentioned...
Replies
Views
M
The smaller soil pipe you mention will be...
Replies
Views
Rckape
R
Back