Which boiler - Alpha, Glow-worm, Worcester, Vaillant | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which boiler - Alpha, Glow-worm, Worcester, Vaillant in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Need a new combination boiler, so far have had two quotes one for an Alpha E-tec Plus 33 and one for a Glow-worm . The glow-worm one said they use the same parts as Vaillant so are as reliable.

Are Alpha and Vaillant good alternatives to Worcester and Vaillant?

Nothing wrong with Alpha, vaillant or glow worm. From an installers point of view I’d steer clear of Worcester. Personally I would recommend Vaillant although ultimately the choice is up to you.

This gets discussed alot on here it really depends on your budget and who you get to install said boiler each one mentioned will do the job we all have our preferd choice, choose a local respected Gas safe installer who will look after you and the boiler in years to come many boilers come with a 7 - 10 year warranties but will need servicing each year to keep the warranty valid . Cheers kop

Need a new combination boiler, so far have had two quotes one for an Alpha E-tec Plus 33 and one for a Glow-worm . The glow-worm one said they use the same parts as Vaillant so are as reliable.

Are Alpha and Vaillant good alternatives to Worcester and Vaillant?
This is interesting because there is a new way of choosing a boiler - buyer led not installer led choices. The old traditional way is losing pace - its a shame and we on UKPF have to pick up the back wash.
Ultimately there is not enough info out there for an ordinary person to make an informed choice. So the answer is TRUST YOUR CHOSEN INSTALLER they will back up their choice and look after you - CHOOSE THE INSTALLER AND NOT THE BOILER.
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

I Don't agree with all Rob has to say but he's right about this choose the installer not the product any decent branded combi will last 10 years if fitted properly and serviced each year , small faults get picked up repaired before a costly breakdown, so as said find the right installer and be guided by them . Cheers kop

You can post your job on our suite there may be a quality tradesman in your area . Best of luck kop

Screenshot_20180927-054859.png

Similar plumbing topics

No, social housing landlord 😳
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Back