Which boiler for heating only? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which boiler for heating only? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony0

Hi everyone. My first post.

I have a small office building (all ground floor). Until 2 days ago a Glowworm 50ff provided heat to 8 radiators about 6ft long each (4 single, 4 double) & we were warm & happy. The 50ff has a problem with the fan (I think) & in searching these forums I've come to the conclusion that I'd be better off replacing the boiler than repairing this 50ff which is at least 8 years old & from the sound of things was never a good boiler even when it was new.

The boiler is for heat only (HW comes from small elec tank). The current boiler is mounted on an outside wall. I have a plumber in mind to do the work but I just thought I'd ask your expert opinions on what the best boiler would be. I expect to be here another 15 years at least & I'm after something that will be cheap to run & will not require expensive annual maintenance.

I'm hoping to get away with £600 + VAT + installation.

It's a gas boiler. I was just trying to explain that it's just for the heating, as the hot water comes from a completely separate system.

Anyone? Am I asking the question in the wrong way? Do you need more info?

I think the post is abit too wordy possibly maybe people havent got enough time to trawl through. Just abit of friendly advice try to condense it to the main point.

1.good reliable boiler for heating only
2.around £750 (inc vat)
3.8 rads 6 foot long 4 single 4 double
4. externally mounted for a straight swap although there may be advantages to internal mounting.

Sounds like It's just a heat only boiler with no diverter to hot cylinder and single switch programmer like on a combi. This is on another thread as to which boiler to get. You need to know if you have a header tank feeding the system or If It's on a sealed system, meaning no header tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
Back