Which boiler please??? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which boiler please??? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Choices are : Vokera Compact 29kw
Ravenheat 28kw
Pro Combi 30kw

And then out of these two: Baxi duotec 28kw
Worcester 28kw I think it's cdi not sure

Please pick 1 boiler out of both options. And why if poss. Anyone had any problems with any of them.

Thanks

Tom

I fitted a compact a couple of months ago and it's been fine.
Second choice.... worser tosh.

Pro and doutec.
Cos the other 2 cheapies are junk and the worcester is too expensive

Pro from the first list, like a shot. Its a rebadged ideal.

Duotec vs Worcs CDi - if you aren't taking price into account, probably the CDi. Pound for pound, probably the Duotec.

I've fitted compacts too. Nothing particularly wrong with them for a cheapie.
Buy 2 for the price of the worcester :wink:

I fitted a Pro Combi 30 a few months ago (customer had already bought it for another property). No problems with it at all. Seems solid despite being a rebadged Vokera.

Any but a Worcester. Overpriced, plastic and a pain to work on.

I fitted a Pro Combi 30 a few months ago (customer had already bought it for another property). No problems with it at all. Seems solid despite being a rebadged Vokera.

Pro used to be made by Vokera, but I am pretty sure that Ideal are making them now.

Pro used to be made by Vokera, but I am pretty sure that Ideal are making them now.

Haha must have posted at the same time! Fair enough, I was looking for the installation manual online back in November when I found out that I'd be installing one, and found the Vokera version, hence thinking that...

Haha must have posted at the same time! Fair enough, I was looking for the installation manual online back in November when I found out that I'd be installing one, and found the Vokera version, hence thinking that...

I think that there might be a pro and a pro exclusive. I have a feeling that the latter may still be made by vokera?

The Pro combi exclusive is essentially a standard logic with a different case.

The old pro combi was a vokera.

I'm seeing all the F&P bigwigs tomorrow, so will get the definitive answer from them.

Whats the reasoning between the two sets of choices?

Im pricing for top end boiler and mid range, dont know what the lad wants to spend yet. Im hoping he will pay abit extra and go for one of the two worcester or duo just because it's nicer to work on better gear. Simply things make a massive difference- the way they pack there boilers are easier to access, the manuals are clearer, the jigs are better and easier to pipe up, just daft stuff like that makes your job much better.

Anyway thanks. Keep the comments coming.

T

Pro is ideal old one used to be Vokera.

F&P so your just putting your money in Travis Perkins pockets too?

I got 3 duotec in shop, you can have them for price of one 24kw pro.

Did I mention they were GA's

Im pricing for top end boiler and mid range, dont know what the lad wants to spend yet. Im hoping he will pay abit extra and go for one of the two worcester or duo just because it's nicer to work on better gear. Simply things make a massive difference- the way they pack there boilers are easier to access, the manuals are clearer, the jigs are better and easier to pipe up, just daft stuff like that makes your job much better.

Anyway thanks. Keep the comments coming.

T

Hi Hobo

With all respect to your first list, I would describe them as budget, not mid range.

And your other two are mid range, not top.

Hi Hobo

With all respect to your first list, I would describe them as budget, not mid range.

And your other two are mid range, not top.

+1

although i would prefer to throw an ideal logic + into the mix as the mid range boiler

I give my customers the choice of a Worcester junior/si or cdi depending on what they want to pay.

On the packaging front, I hated the baxi I fitted last year. The logic is so well packaged and easy to get out of the box, no polystyrene to go everywhere, all cardboard so it goes in the customers recycling bin easy and the template is card so you can nail it to the wall plumb, and it stays that way.

The only thing i don't like about duotecs is the tails.
I'm not to fond of the grey flap either but that doesn't seem to bother folks.

Ok, to finish of this thread....In the end I went with or should I say the customer went with the Baxi DUO-tec. In my opinion ( never fitted one before) was sh*t. It looked cheap, as someone said the grey plastic flap on the bottom made it look like a snide rip off. The tails on it are a load of messing around soldering coupling on the all of them (took ages) the jig was a good idea so you can pipe it up and then hang the boiler ( although unlike the worcester the pipes have to be spot on other wise when you hang the boiler it doesn't quite line up proper) Also the internal filling loop is very hard to get on along with that daft gas fitting you get with it. All in all it was a difficult boiler to install and if I can help it I would not like to fit one again. Im not just going to slag it off though because that would be unfair so plus's are the 7 year warrenty you get.I think out of all boilers fitted Worcester come out on top simply for easy installation, yes they might be expensive but the look the part are very quiet and are very easy to install.Also, I have installed a few Vokeras just recently and in my opinion are a very good cheap boiler, Especially ,the Vokera Compact A 29kw. Thanks Tom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Worcester Bosch - Vaillant - Baxi - Potterton
Replies
Views
Hi sargan, was trying to message you about...
Replies
Views
There not making them anymore due to parts...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
Back