Which boiler to choose? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which boiler to choose? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poqaz

Hi my vallaint 242 has broken down.I would like to replace it with another boiler.I would like to which boilers are good and reliable. How labour cost would be required to put new one in.

Thankyou for your help.

depends how much you want to spend , where your located and what state your existing system is in

I think about a £1000 might be enough for a boiler.Location is derby.The old boiler diverter valve has gone I was qouted a replacing and fitting a new one would cost £230.So i thought instead we should buy new one that are supposed to be more economical to run.

have you not asked to guy who quoted you the £230 to replace the boiler. what part of derby ?

broag remeha or viessmann come with a 5 year parts and labour guarantee, , why not get a fixed deal from someone

I had read somewhere that the broag's were 5yr parts and only 2/3 on the labour. can you confirm this isnt the case gasmarc?

Try the Glen Dimplex range, they are made in Britain with a 5 years parts and labour warrenty. You get a lot for your money with them as they are cheaper than the likes of Vaillent and Worcester but probably just as reliable with an additional 3 years warrenty.

Try the Glen Dimplex range, they are made in Britain with a 5 years parts and labour warrenty. You get a lot for your money with them as they are cheaper than the likes of Vaillent and Worcester but probably just as reliable with an additional 3 years warrenty.
Some good quality bits in them too.

Yeah, i believe the heat exchanger comes with a 10 year warrenty too! Also it contains German parts in it, such as the Grunfos pump, etc..
Has internal insulation too making it so silent, really cant go wrong with the Dimplex can you?

Yeah, i believe the heat exchanger comes with a 10 year warrenty too! Also it contains German parts in it, such as the Grunfos pump, etc..
Has internal insulation too making it so silent, really cant go wrong with the Dimplex can you?
Ive done 2 now and have been impressed,Stainless steel heat ex same as Vaillant (Giononi ?) I could be wrong there but it looks the same?... they are difficult to wire and the casing is a bit cheap.... but for the money...

Yeah they are deffinately good quality, im not exactly sure either about the heat ex but its stainless steel yeah, great value for money

I've got 2 qoutes so they it will cost around £400 to replace the old vaillant.Plus they recommended vaillant 937 or 837.

if your old boiler was a 242 it must be quite old, and I bet you have had very few problems with it over the years, so I would stick with the vailant not cheap but good boilers, the price you have been quoted sound about right so go for it.
If you need a power flush that would be extra but I have found very few systems that need it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
It does on the one hand, one might expect it...
Replies
Views
oh, i see
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back