Which boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all, I got my gasafe a few months ago and have only really dealt with combi installs. I've been given a job to do where the last guy done a runner leaving the customer with a job half done so far he has installed a s-plan with an unvented cylinder but no boiler so I was wondering which boiler to install and should I use the towel warmer in the main bathroom as a bypass and if so do I connect it before the pump or between the pump and zone valves?? Thanks in advance

if you want a summer towel rail it goes between pump and zone valves however an open rad is no longer considered sufficent and a srung bypass is needed as well you could put this on the towel rail circuit then the towel rail can have a trv

if you have not done s plan with system boiler do not get involve cos you have to commission the cylinder too ,
why not use a honeywell auto bypass

Heat only boiler, I use the Worcester Ri models.

And don't use the towel rad as a bypass, fit a bypass valve between primary flow (just after pump) and the return in the airing cupboard, nice and accessible if possible.

the towl rail must have thermostatic and timed control as per regs. if you do not have your unvented cylinder cert then you will need to get a qualified engineer to sign it off/commission it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the input on this, much...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
No not with a heat only system boiler you...
Replies
Views
Back