Which Boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which Boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

petercj

Calling all Heating Engineers

Which Boiler have you installed in your own home?

Would you replace with same (or the nearest new model from the same manufacturer)?

i put a vaillant in my house, got the scrappage scheme £400 rebate and most of pipework/fittings borrowed from elsewhere so it was a cheap install :)

ultimate 30kw fan flued - been in 5/6 years - casing had been hit by the forklift truck
at my merchants so got it for 1/4 cost. it doesnt condense but needs wd40 sprayed
on fan bearing each november. if i could afford one now i would have an 'archie kidd'
cause they look very solid.

centralheatking

Worcester 40Cdi about 6 years old but I wouldn't fit one now. Atag whenever possible now.

I've got a Alpha CD50, had it seven years, fixed it and serviced it once only!!!!

how do you do those fancy tags at the bottom of your posts - i think id like to do one too

centralheatking - technophobe

anyone brave enough to say they have an isar and would have another one.:smile:

Worcester Bosch 30 cdi also fitted in my sisters, my mums and my uncles house in the past 5 yrs not a single fault on any

My inlaws my sister my parents next door both sides no problems. Just heavy to fit

Ideal mini 24c in the flat i just bought, does the job :)
Better than my mums ferroli optimax. Thank god it has a 5yr warranty

Had a vaillant sine 18 originally (lasted 20 odd years) replaced with a vitodens 100 combi (lasted 3 months) Viessmann gave me a free boiler (lasted another 9 months) with no spare pcb available in mid winter, changed it to a 30cdi 5 years ago and as its in the loft I haven't seen it since. One day I'll pop up there and give it a service.........

ferroli optimax 38 disc from wickes
£290 with flue and clock
when it goes **** ill bin it

I fitted a ecotec 831 in december....before that it was a ferroli f30 which lasted 7 years.....it could of gone on for awhile as well.....but upgraded my system to include 2 ufh zones.....so changed it anyway.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

Put Potterton performa's/mains in all the close family members homes,just rebuild when/if required :icon6:

Put Potterton performa's/mains in all the close family members homes,just rebuild when/if required :icon6:
potterton performa/mains/baxi 105 he in mine,my dads,my in-laws,my sisters,my best mates,my grannys and about 400 other happy custards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, how have you got on with your toilets?
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
Back