Which boiler??? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which boiler??? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natasha d

Hi. Wondering if any of you can help.
I need a new boiler and have been recommended Worcester. I have had conflicting views of which model though. It's between the 32cdi and 34cdi classic.
i have been told that there have been quite a few problems with the 32, but that the 34 is about to be discontinued. Do you know if this is true and what would be your preference?
Thank you In advance.

Hi Natasha and welcome along, the 32 cdi must be the compact model and the 34cdi the classic model, the classics a great boiler as fitted loads of them, you'll get many different views from other engineers on here , you should look at the new ideal vogue 35 kW , 7 years warranty , and its a cracking boiler, well built , real smart , good all round package,,, they've been that popular that stockists ran out of quite recently,

Hi viessmann boilers are good and very easy to work on in the long term,also servicing is easy with out replacing seals and gaskets.the new ferroli Modena looks and works well,the older boilers were awful but all manufactures brought out a few bad ones the difference is they had the money to change models.
thats the two I fit I work on all others but have found long term not the best for every customer!!!
Good luck

get a baxi duotec 33 HEA with a 7 year warrenty
or baxi platinum 33 HEA with a 10 year warrenty
much better than worcester,and baxi dont try to take your card details in advance before attending a breakdown

The Vaillant Ecotec Plus range is probably the best on the market. I repair lots of different boilers on a weekly basis. Including a lot of not very old Worcesters. But in the last 5 years I've never been asked to repair a Vaillant.
Make sure your installer fully power flushes the heating system. Should take about a day and that he fits a Magnaclean magnetic filter on the return to the boiler. Hope this helps.

This always happens Natasha.

Ask 10 engineers "What boiler?" you'll get 8 different answers and an argument.

Assuming that the guy fitting it will be looking after it for you I would go with what he suggests as he will be familiar with, and trained by (hopefully!), the manufacturer.

Your best bet is get 3 or 4 quotes, talk to friends and franily to see what engineer they recommend,

Then come back to us with the packages you've been offered. We can help guide you a bit betterer then.

Good luck!

Go back and ask if the worcesters are the highest quality product they offer

my personal view is they are the top end of the mid range.

they are however a very easy sell!

i have been told that there have been quite a few problems with the 32, but that the 34 is about to be discontinued. Do you know if this is true and what would be your preference?
Thank you In advance.

Virtually every boiler on the market is about to be "discontinued" because of a change in the energy efficiency rules.

In real life, most boiler manufacturers have been preparing for this for some time, so the "new model" in many cases will be the old model with a more energy efficient pump in it. However, that means a new part number and therefore its officially a "new" model.

To the best of my knowledge the CDI classic (with new pump) will remain at the heart of Worcester's range.

And a cracking boiler it is too. Unless you are restriced for space, I would take a classic over a compact any day of the week.

All the above boilers are fine, expert the Worcestor. Great untill they breakdown, a total pain to work on. Which reflects in the cost of repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
There could still be 22mm pipework left...
Replies
Views
GREENSTAR CDi CLASSIC Worcester Bosch...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Have to do it someday and it make sense for...
Replies
Views
Back