Which combi boiler!? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which combi boiler!? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richo106

Hi,

I have just bought a home with a conventional heating/hot water system (Open vented gravity fed hot water i think) Me and my partner have unconventional working life styles so need showers/ hot water at different times throughout the week. And also after having a new thermostatic shower installed the pressure at the shower is rubbish hardly drips out (would cause big upheaval of recently renovated house to install shower pump and all necassary pipe work). The boiler is 16years old (age of the house)

All this considering we might have a new combi boiler system installed as this will give us on demand hot water, will this also cure the low pressure at the thermostatic shower issue?

Also what combi boiler would you guys recommend...the ones i've looked at so far are worcester bosch greenstar and the ideal vogue

All advice appreciated thanks

How bigs the house? How many bathrooms? Your best bet is to get a local GSR to quote and advise, you can advertise for one on the find a plumber section on this site.

The house is 3 bed detached, with a main bathroom with a bath with tap/shower combo and ensuite with a thermostatic shower. I would like the water pressure to be good to my thermostatic shower is possible. What size and dhw flow rate would people recommend?

After a little bit of researching I've found these boilers

Worcester Bosch 34 CDI 14.3lpm £1177.73
Ideal Logic+ C35 14.5lpm £910.66
Ideal Vogue 40kW 16.4lpm £1221.34
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 835 14.3lpm £1206.18

What are people opinions?

Am i correct in the thinking the higher the litres per minute the better the pressure will be?

In my experience. Knock about 2 lpm of all of them. Especially when the ground is cold.
I'm not a fan of Worcester boilers, but reccomend all the others.

Get three quotes and go with the preferred installers recommendation. No one will fit your boiler if you supply it. ( bit like going into a butchers with a sheep. And asking him to do the work for free!)
Plus Theresa a lot more to a boiler change,than just the boiler.

Don't expect to be able to run a bath and shower at the same time. Not what combis are designed for

Thanks for the comments guys, and nope will not be needing to be run a bath and shower at the same time. 99% of the time we will just be using the en suite shower that's why I want to make sure it will be fine to produce a good enough shower

Get three quotes and go with the preferred installers recommendation. No one will fit your boiler if you supply it. ( bit like going into a butchers with a sheep. And asking him to do the work for free!)
Plus Theresa a lot more to a boiler change,than just the boiler.

How did you know his real name was Theresa.:detective:

Thanks for the comments guys, and nope will not be needing to be run a bath and shower at the same time. 99% of the time we will just be using the en suite shower that's why I want to make sure it will be fine to produce a good enough shower
if that's what you want, get a few engineers in to test your flow and pressure to ensure that it is up to standards for a combi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi we’re the boiler sited
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Back