Which electric heater to use with wet UFH? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which electric heater to use with wet UFH? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

k993802

Hi

ive built a 6m x 4m summerhouse at the end of my garden.
its a block construction with insulation and timber cladding.

I have the ufh pipework set into 65mm of screed and would like to heat the water using an electric inline heater.

Any bright ideas on which electric inline heater is best for this?
Also I'm struggling with how best to plumb this in as I won't have a feed and return that drives a traditional central heating system.

i have a JG speedfit controller to use: in my home the ufh controller works brilliantly with my nest thermostat.

thanks in advance

And yes you would have a feed and return circuit

Also you would need a blending valve either in combo with a manifold or separate

Last edited:
It would have been much easier and cheaper to have done an electric underfloor but such is life.

Ive done a few remote buildings with "Eglow) electric boilers. The smallest they do for underfloor is 6kw, so will need a 10mm electric feed. This heater runs at 55 degrees and has an integral pump. I have always used a seperate manifold, with pump and mixing valve, but you could just use a manifold and connect the electric boiler to it.
It will need a sized expansion vessel, filling loop and safety valve. Control through a programmable thermostat.

Ive done a few remote buildings with "Eglow) electric boilers. The smallest they do for underfloor is 6kw, so will need a 10mm electric feed. This heater runs at 55 degrees and has an integral pump. I have always used a seperate manifold, with pump and mixing valve, but you could just use a manifold and connect the electric boiler to it.
It will need a sized expansion vessel, filling loop and safety valve. Control through a programmable thermostat.

Hi

ive built a 6m x 4m summerhouse at the end of my garden.
its a block construction with insulation and timber cladding.

I have the ufh pipework set into 65mm of screed and would like to heat the water using an electric inline heater.

Any bright ideas on which electric inline heater is best for this?
Also I'm struggling with how best to plumb this in as I won't have a feed and return that drives a traditional central heating system.

i have a JG speedfit controller to use: in my home the ufh controller works brilliantly with my nest thermostat.

thanks in advance
Use an Amptec electric in line UFH model, they are soft start and modulate from 12 kw, down through 9 then 6 and finally 3kw--cost about £550

Would have been even better (and cheaper) to have put a small air-air heat pump in.
rapid response, 1/4 of the running costs of electric boiler... Would even have cooled it in the summer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

As part of deep house renovation, planning to...
Replies
Views
A
Replies
Views
Heating water using electric is about 3 x the...
Replies
Views
You do always risk leaks when converting...
Replies
Views
A
Back