Which Gas leak detector is best | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which Gas leak detector is best in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Hi All

I'm after a new sniffer for gas leaks... I purchased a Kane CD100A gas leak detector and at first it seemed like the best purchase I've ever made and made my life a load easier when I had those late call outs.... however it seems to be playing up and is maybe not as accurate as it was.... what is everybody else using and do they need maintaining/calibrating annually.... cheers guys

E-Instruments 7899.
Best one I've ever used.

It doesn't only make a noise when gas is detected. It gives you everything you need on a display screen.

It is battery powered.
I also got a spare sensor sent with it.

I got mine directly from the supplier in the US.

Hope this helps

Kane GLD450 came as part of my anlyser kit from work, absolute garbage. I tend to use Rocol ldf and isolating parts of system, mainly coz I’m a cheapskate and won’t buy my own. I believe the regin one is good, but expensive, the Rigid CD-100 is supposed to be good, and under £100.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why's this old thread been relighted, KoP you been sniffing something?

I do like my Ridgid CD-100 cos it's built like a bloody tank, has a nice long strong goose neck and you can buy a new sensor off the shelf for it if need be. Been through a few Kane wand type sniffers (mainly because I have Kane fga) that seem to be made of glass they are so fragile. For less than £100 I think it's a steal or certainly worth forty quid more than a Kane wand type.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
D
Gasco
Replies
Views
T
Re: 2015 answer for the 2013 question on CRM's...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
R
That answers me question, Well done you.
2 3
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back