Which Honeywell controls for 3zones | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which Honeywell controls for 3zones in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

B

b21playa

Hi all

Need recommendation of what to get / if the below will work with a unvented indirect cylinder, and 2 CH zones

1 x ST9400C programmer
2 x CM927 wireless room thermostats or DT92E

Thanks in advance

For the DHW you'll only need a ST9100C

Th CM927 room stat, so long as it's bundled with a BDR-91 for each room controller will be fine.
It has a built in timer hence you don't need the ST9400C

For the DHW you'll only need a ST9100C

Th CM927 room stat, so long as it's bundled with a BDR-91 for each room controller will be fine.
It has a built in timer hence you don't need the ST9400C

Thanks, will be wired in s-plan plus. Each cm927 would have its own bdr91

If i went with the DT92E's instead, would i need the st9400c?

You need thre timers - 1 for each of the CH Zones, and one for the DHW.

If you go with the CM927's with BDR91's you need a ST9100C for the DHW (You have time control for each CH zone on the CM927's) This is probably your best simple solution using Honeywell. Better would be Honeywell Evohome.

If you go with DT92E's you have no time control on the CH, so you now need a ST9500C for the 2 heating zones plus a ST9100C for the DHW.

Ignore the Honeywell wiring guides as they don't cover these configurations.

It's very simple you have and S-Plan system with DHW and 2 CH zones.

There are other controllers out there that are hard wired three and four channel timers, and there is no reason why you can't use those for the timer(s) and the DT92E's for the temperature control. (4 Zone Time Clock Programmer - Heatmiser TM4-TS ) Heatmiser do a lot of other stuff as well and if you talk to their technical team, they can give you great advice.- We use either Honeywell, Honeywell Evohome, Heatmiser, or Heatmiser Neo exclusively on all of our installations. So far we have yet to find an installation that has beaten us :) - we even had one with Underfloor heating, 'normal' radiators, radiant panels and fan coil units all within the same property.

If you want out of the home (internet) control and you don't want to hardwire the room stats go for the Evohome system. if you are preapred to hardwire them go for the Heatmiser NEOStat

Whichever you choose, allow at least a day to wire it all up, test it and configure it :)

Last edited:
The Sundial RF² Pack 5 =
1 x ST9520C Wireless Enabled 2 Zone Programmer
2 x DT92E Wireless Room Thermostat

That's possibly a better solution than the ST9500C and BDR-91's

Final solution depends upon where the OP wants to put the time controllers, central location or in each of the 2 heating zones

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Topic has recently been discussed here...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wanted to bring this one to conclusion. My...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The eTRVs would have to open before the zone...
Replies
Views
Back