which make of boiler is best?! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss which make of boiler is best?! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re my other post about Viessmann boilers I have now spoken to three plumbers who fit a lot of boilers and each one recommends a different make, first said VM best as WB are not as reliable as they were, second said Valliant, third WB.

For someone not in the know how do we decide which one to go for? You guys are the experts so in your experience which one is best (if any)!? :rolleyes2:

Go for which one you know and like best
The problem is that i am not in the trade and don't know. We have a 19yr old WB Heatslave which has been v/good but are they still as good?
looking for 30KW or poss a bit more

Its a bit like cars, everyone has their preferences, one thing to state is that cheaper boilers tend to be a false economy as parts are usually expensive. Go for the well known brands, ask around your friends, relatives etc.

The problem is that i am not in the trade and don't know. We have a 19yr old WB Heatslave which has been v/good but are they still as good?
looking for 30KW or poss a bit more

What does your gas safe registered engineer who will be fitting it suggest then, what's his preference

Yes of course. What bod means is the actual guy you plan to use....what is his preference ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

looking for 30KW or poss a bit more[/QUOTE

No

too many electronic parts in the latest boilers, your unlikely to get 19 years out of them , more like 10-12 years,

go for a boiler with a 7 year warranty, like the ideal logic+ 30, imo

Yes of course. What bod means is the actual guy you plan to use....what is his preference ?

Oh I see what you mean, well all three come recommended and all 3 prefer to use different makes. i've been looking at the reviews for Viessmann Vitodens and the impression I'm getting is that they are a quality product and perform well if properly installed by a registered installer which I believe my first guy is.

yes I think 19 years is unlikely, the one who instals Viessmann said that they come with a 7 year warranty but their website says 5yrs.
It would be good to get a boiler with Miele type quality where you could pay for 10yrs.

just looked the Ideal Logic +30, it seems v/cheap compared to WB, Vaillant etc. They say you get what you pay for so is this the case with combi boilers ?

We fit a lot of vaillant but are leaning more towards viessman now. Both very good quality but vaillant have narrow channels in heat exchanger. Hence beginning to push the viessman now. Worcester are overpriced nowadays for what they deliver.

thanks KJ, at the moment I'm thinking VM, I think the Vitodens 100 is around £950 inv VAT, I've been quoted £1800 csh to install, flush system, Honeywell stat + clipping 12metres of gas pipe from the gas meter to boiler position, H+C & CH tails poking from the ceiling above, 1 days work 2 guys.

I like the viessman personally,they are nice to install,reliable and their after sales is good.

No. Think the ideal logic do but i wouldn't touch ideal with a shiddy stick. Last ideal install was terrible experience. Boiler faulty, after sales awful. 3 days for them to get it sorted no heat or ho****er in meantime for family with a baby.

P.s manufacturers warranty is probably 1-3 years but an accredited installer can usually offer an extra year or two

which football team is best???

Chelsea are great at playing football, but expensive to watch
Exeter city are rubbish at playing but cheap to go and watch
And supporting QPR is a bit risky as they might go bankrupt.

Same with boilers

Same with boilers

I get your drift but the best makes of boilers are around the same sort of price so is there really anything to choose between them?

Same with boilers

What about Nottingham Totspur ?

I get your drift but the best makes of boilers are around the same sort of price so is there really anything to choose between them?

So why not go with a WB with a 10 year warranty - as post 19?

If you pay for it in full on fitting it works out a bit under 2k, British Gas will fit the same boiler for 3k and give you a 12 month warranty!

Sounds like a fairly easy decision to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
The wb 8000s are not great from my experience
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Back