Which manufacturer makes "full bore" radiator valves? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which manufacturer makes "full bore" radiator valves? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Danfoss make valves for gravity systems.
Saunders make diaphragm valves.
What is it for/Why do you need full bore? Is it due to flow rates? or gravity circulation pressures?
My residential building has a communal heating system with about 60 radiators for 12 flats over 6 floors (including basement and 5th floor loft). It is a single pipe system (i.e. old and inefficient) and as we replace radiators and valves, I want to make sure we install "full bore" radiator valves so that flow to the radiators is as good as it can be.

Danfoss make valves for gravity systems.
Saunders make diaphragm valves.
What is it for/Why do you need full bore? Is it due to flow rates? or gravity circulation pressures?
Thanks for suggesting Danfoss. They do make a valve specifically for single pipe systems:

Radiator Valves, RA-G, High flow, DN 15, Angle, D
013G1676

Thanks for suggesting Danfoss. They do make a valve specifically for single pipe systems:

Radiator Valves, RA-G, High flow, DN 15, Angle, D
013G1676

They do and they are very good quality in my opinion.
Make sure they go on the right side. Direction of flow is important here!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Kop
Replies
Views
  • Question
Agree with Shaun......possibly a Hattersly rad...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The Caravan site may well have had direct...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best you contact Daikin and see what they say...
Replies
Views
Back