Which plastic pipe system do you prefer? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which plastic pipe system do you prefer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Polyplumb.

You can vote for more than one option

Last edited:
Polyplumb here, and polyfit when I can find it. Personally I hate the Hep2o white system with a passion, especially those awful plastic thingys which you need to use if you want to disassemble it, and it looks so ugly. Anyone else agree?

Poly plumb if out of site. Poly fit if not. Poly fit is nice if it needs to be demountable as it has a release ring so you don't have to dismantle the fitting to remove it from the pipe.
Can't stand hep 20. John guest is good also. Have used most of the types and never had any problems with any of them that could be attributed to the design or quality of the fitting. I just make sure I always use the same brand inserts as fitting and whatever is the cheapest easiest to lay pipe as it makes no difference which brand of pipe is used with which fitting IMHO. Always give the fitting a little squirt from my aerosol silicone grease can. Also I always over estimate cut lengths, better to have a length under compression between 2 fittings than stretched between 2 fittings. Hardly ever use it on show. Poly fit stop ends are nice as they are a little bigger and are easier to get a grip of when removing from pipe after use I keep one that I always use for plugging the vent on a powerflush for example.

I prefer JG, although a certain part of the decision is because that is what my local merchant stocks. I would also add how disappointed I was when I used the lay-flat pipe- it doesn't exactly just fall flat like a rope as seen in their adverts.

Any feedback on the crimp types? Never looked much at them so far.

Never seen the Floplast pipe being used but I have seen it listed in a few catalogues.

I prefer JG, although a certain part of the decision is because that is what my local merchant stocks. I would also add how disappointed I was when I used the lay-flat pipe- it doesn't exactly just fall flat like a rope as seen in their adverts.

Never had a problem with the lay flat, always done what it says on the tin. But then ive only used the 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Great advice, and I really appreciate it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
Another vote for copper. All copper tube is...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Nothing wrong with plastic pipes for the hots...
Replies
Views
It's a very old house so I doubt it but I'll...
Replies
Views
Back