Which replacement wall mounted compact boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which replacement wall mounted compact boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kierano

Need to replace a failing BaxiBahama100 ASAP

Although I should, I dont want to change the current location which is a 300mm deep wall cupboard (in a corner)

As far as I can tell from brochures seen so far the only suitable replacement seems to be a Worcester Bosch 28/30 CDi "Compact"
Can anyone suggest any other alternatives ?

Your plumber can I'd guess.

You are right, too little information creates a silly question, I just wanted "my plumber" (none) to give me an Ideal answer such as supplied by jimbob

However without me giving more info the question is fairly academic

AFAIK the Ideal + manual suggests pipework ONLY from below, however the existing has inlet and local hot outlet downwards but CH and bathroom upwards, so I guess that not such an "Ideal" answer
So will concentrate quotes towards WB accredited installers

thanks Kieran

Ideal logic + would fit. Quite a nice little boiler

Jimbob
Thanks for the heads up, the size is "Ideal"

However as far as I can tell the Ideal + manual suggests pipework ONLY from below, however the existing has inlet and local hot outlet downwards but CH and bathroom upwards, so I guess that not such an "Ideal" answer
So will concentrate quotes towards WB accredited installers

thanks Kieran

there should be enough room to fit a couple of pipes by the side of the boiler allowing you to go for the ideal logic if you wanted.

they are cheaper than the worcester cdi compacts and are a good boiler.

What about a standoff for the logic? Or will this bring it out too far?

Ps stop using the ideal joke! There's no 'logic' in it

you really want to get some opinions/quotes from local engineers tbh.

There are some questions that need looking at before you can say for sure what/if can be fitted. Where will the condense go? is the gas undersized? will the flue in the same position now be against the regulations? anywhere to put a magnetic filter and is one needed to protect the new boiler? does there need to be a scale reducer or mini expansion vessel fitted? can pipework route behind boiler? Is the wiring suitable for wanted new boiler?

these are the sorts of questions that an engineer looking at your job will questions and answer and suggest idea's on.

you really want to get some opinions/quotes from local engineers tbh.

There are some questions that need looking at before you can say for sure what/if can be fitted. Where will the condense go? is the gas undersized? will the flue in the same position now be against the regulations? anywhere to put a magnetic filter and is one needed to protect the new boiler? does there need to be a scale reducer or mini expansion vessel fitted? can pipework route behind boiler? Is the wiring suitable for wanted new boiler?

these are the sorts of questions that an engineer looking at your job will questions and answer and suggest idea's on.

Thanks to all including jefaz and plumber0808

National company visited and agreed thir "exclusive" range would not fit.

Finally got a helpful local plumber to call who suggested a GlowWorm 35cx, We discussed personal discounted price but total seems a bit excessive even though I work for a national construction company and I spoke to his plumb centre account manager, perhaps thats why!.

He recommended several reasonable extras, and possible additional works, but taking all that into account, I feel the boiler install may be a tad excessive

Condensate could go to waste pipe under worktop below, gas is 22mm, flue is to gable wall (high enough to need step ladders), willing to include filtration though as heating is not fit to run, the flushing options are partly limited. Electricity was good enough for old pump and mechanical clock to run off dedicated std 3 pin socket in cupboard.

Cupboard is 600 wide (1500mm high from worktop upward to apex ceiling) so pipes could run up either side subject to clearance, thus Ideal+ is not out of the question, also from wall to door centre is more like 350 so depending on cover/controls the choice may be better than I feared.

Am trying to source more quotes in GL56 area this weekend, prior to decision early next week, but approved plumbers seem thin on the ground locally ??

Thanks again

Post a thread I'm the looking for a plumbers section?
maybe one of the guys off here can come give you the Info you need

And plumb centre is notoriously expensive and don't like to move on their prices at all! I never use them anymore,way to expensive! Wouldn't fit a glow worm either

image.jpgDimensions for logic+ system

22mm gas supply means nothing tbh, condense boiler flues need more consideration of position to boundary to other properties, if the plume has the chance of being a nuisance then you may be made to move it if complaints are made. You need a min of 600mm when facing a boundary and it must not be a nuisance. boiler cant be wired to a standard 3 pin socket, best to change it to a fuse spur or unswitched socket.

post a request in the looking for plumber/engineer folder. or do a search on the gas safe website.

Ok have checked the Ideal basic stand off seems to be 32mm plus the boiler 278 I make that 310 mm, allowing 15 mm for very variable wall that seem to leave at least 30 mm from controls to door

Flue outlet may need to be teased about if the gas inlet is to be kept in current position but is 800 horizontal from cooker hood outlet plus 200mm horizontal from gutter and more than 200 mm below eves also about 1/4 mile from nearest neighbour so should be some room for manouver.

Will move this to "looking for" a quote thread

Thanks again to all who helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
Worcester Bosch - Vaillant - Baxi - Potterton
Replies
Views
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Replies
Views
M
Correct. It would use a standard sized nut...
Replies
Views
Get 3 detailed quotes
Replies
Views
Back