Which size boiler would people recommend? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which size boiler would people recommend? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-gas

I have a real dose of bogology on the horizon and have to first fix and install 3 en-suites (with showers), 1 bathroom (with a bath), 14 radiators, 4 towel radiators and a gas cooker along with a combi boiler - which size boiler would you experts recommend? I've never installed such a big system before, my biggest is about 8 radiators with 1 bathroom and 1 en-suite.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Jay

and have you done a heat loss calc? if not then do one as that can give you your rad sizes and total input needed and add 5kw for a cylinder about

For any advise further to this you need to be a gas safe registered and G3 qualified installer.

If you are, great! Get your post count up to 10 ( talk rubbish, or answer others posts) then message a moderator and your in!
There's loads of great FREE advise.

I'm Gas Safe, will be doing my G3 in the near future it's booked for August.

I'm Gas Safe, will be doing my G3 in the near future it's booked for August.

is this job planned for before your g3?

I'm doing the G3 before, this project is pencilled in for the end of September.

:)

unvented system with either a heat only boiler or a system boiler

:)

unvented system with either a heat only boiler or a system boiler

Thank you, appears the unvented system is the road we will have to go down, I think the customer wanted to avoid having to have a cylinder but not sure that's possible.

Thank you, appears the unvented system is the road we will have to go down, I think the customer wanted to avoid having to have a cylinder but not sure that's possible.

the only other way as your not too big is a viessmann 222 (storage combi)

aslong as all the showers arnt going to be used at the same time

Last edited:
the only other way as your not too big is a viessmann 222 (storage combi)

aslong as all the showers arnt going to be used at the same time

Have you had any personal experience of installing a Viessmann 222?

Have you had any personal experience of installing a Viessmann 222?

Yea installed a couple upto one bathroom and two ensuits (not running all at the same time) but the key is the water main needs to be good

If it was me and they were OK with it unvented cylinder all the way

Yea installed a couple upto one bathroom and two ensuits (not running all at the same time) but the key is the water main needs to be good

If it was me and they were OK with it unvented cylinder all the way

Yes I agree on installing an unvented cylinder with this. I will have to wait until I've updated my Unvented qualie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Well the first thing i would be doing is...
Replies
Views
IMO, 50mm is definitely worth increasing to...
Replies
Views
Back