Which type of boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which type of boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thediamonddoc

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice regarding a boiler upgrade. We live in a 4 bedroom largish house. 14 rads (6 doubles) and 2 thermostatic showers. We currently have an old gas boiler (ideal mexico - 1988) and hot water suplied form an old storage tank with a cold water tank in the loft. The system works but supply to the 2nd shower is pretty poor and the boiler is pretty expensive to run.

We're looking to change - but what to?

Had recommended the Glowworm Ultracom 35 store - 19l/min flow and the vaillant ecotech 937 - 15l/min flow and the alpha cd 50 (not sure of rate). Does anyone have experience of these boilers? Will this be enough to have 2 showers going at once?

Also one engineer thought we would be best going for a viessmann vitodens 222-f with 100l of storage or the glowworm ultrapower sxi which is a similar floor standing combi with up to 170l of storage. Not sure I need it to be honest but all thoughts would be welcome.

Ewan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
Sods law the builders have disconnected the...
Replies
Views
I am writing from Italy where storage combis...
Replies
Views
D
Ray a man of your means and you haven't...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
R
Agree It's not a matter of just guessing what...
Replies
Views
Gray0689
G
Back