Which Unvented cylinders | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which Unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening all

I've begun fitting more and more of these of late but have not picked a favourite brand as yet.

I've done a search on here but have not found anything conclusive.

I just wondered if you guys had a favoured brand? If so is there a reason for this? (Cost, ease of install etc)cheers for your help.

Matt

Santon premier plus
Megaflo
Center cyl
Main.

All the same cylinder from the same factory. All good products, so my advice is go for the cheapest .

Would either of you have an opinion on Vaillant cylinders. I have a lot of custards who have Vaillant everything but have never contemplated their cylinders

Would either of you have an opinion on Vaillant cylinders. I have a lot of custards who have Vaillant everything but have never contemplated their cylinders
Too expensive ! I always fit vaillant boilers, but have been put off their cylinders in the past a they used to be glass lined ( enamel coated steel) . Replaced a few of these when they rot through the coil. Including my own house.
they may be better now, but oo expensive and no better than the competition.

Our merchants do a lot of RM Stelflows which I usually get. Just completed a horizontal 210 ltr one. Virtually impossible to achieve the recommended distances on the relief pipework as its so low to the floor in the first place. Building Inspector just said do the best you can with the space avaialable.

One of the Vaillants has an odd sized immersion nut that needs a special tool only available to Vaillants own engineers. It's easy enough to make something up that works but a pain in the butt if you,re in a rush.

They all seem much of a muchness Range RM OSO all been very good, worcester bosch too

WB are surprisingly cheap.

RM absolutely wipe the floor with all the opposition for volume. We must sell 10 RMs for every one of all the other makes put together.

Cheers Ray. Yes I was looking at the WB models and their respective price deals on the Williams website. Will these be long term prices or until you've sold a stock?

Cheers Ray. Yes I was looking at the WB models and their respective price deals on the Williams website. Will these be long term prices or until you've sold a stock?

Price is good to 31st August, but it depends heavily on a relaunch deal from WB. If they take that deal away, we will have to.put prices up. I would not expect WB to stay cheap for long - it has never been their ambition to be cheap.

Hear hear. Thanks Ray. I've had my eyes opened by asking this question so I'm glad I did. It seems that most are willing to use the best deal rather than one specific manufacturer. I always assumed, probably wrongly, that they were all much of a muchness. I fully intend to buy mine through your good self now but in an emergency if I needed a cylinder are there ones to avoid??

Last edited:

Plumb centre are the cheapest advertised price for the new WB cylinders, sorry Ray. If you deal with one merchant mainly, then get them to price match the plumb centre price as I hate the thought of buying anything from them.

Plumb centre are the cheapest advertised price for the new WB cylinders, sorry Ray. If you deal with one merchant mainly, then get them to price match the plumb centre price as I hate the thought of buying anything from them.

No worries. Can't always be the cheapest on everything.

I also find that if our customers go into Plumbs or Grahams from time to time, it recalibrates their expectations, and they appreciate us all the more. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries. Can't always be the cheapest on everything.

I also find that if our customers go into Plumbs or Grahams from time to time, it recalibrates their expectations, and they appreciate us all the more. :)

£1.60 for an overflow elbow! £1.60!!!! Blooming plumbs!

honestly I am yet to find anyone cheaper then Williams on fittings both copper and waste. And that has it all on the shelf in abundance

£1.60 for an overflow elbow! £1.60!!!! Blooming plumbs!

honestly I am yet to find anyone cheaper then Williams on fittings both copper and waste. And that has it all on the shelf in abundance
So once again Mr Stafford I cordially invite you to set up shop in the Bournemouth area. Come on you could use mr freemans place in ringwood as somewhere to dump your commercial waste

Can wholly vouch for that. £16.54 plus vat for a d/c valve bib tap last saturday at plumbs.
Robbing barstewards

The thing with plumbs is you have to work hard to get good prices, un like Ray where it is what it is.

I get my stuff from a mixture of places as I can get some cheaper from one place to another.

Which is why I've vowed to use Ray more, yes some of his prices may not be the cheapest on every product but overall the savings should be big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant for me but Gledhill are good...
Replies
Views
Hi There, What did you decide to do in the end?
Replies
Views
Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
Again, thanks for the tip. I can then speak...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done, BUT, does it work and then does it...
Replies
Views
Back