Whiich Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Whiich Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

st clair

I know you must all be asked this all the time, but I want to be givern some good sound impartial advaice.

I have a 5 bed victorian house being completly updated, new bathrooms,plumbing, electrics and so on. it has two bathrooms an with two seperate showers. we like to have long showers so i am looking fo a combi boiler. there is no room for a mega flow type system. looked at worcester 42 cdi, 440 highflow, or the alpha flowsmart. i am also running underfloor heating 15m2.

So Which boiler one of the above or some thing else?

If you have a five bedroom ,victorian house,you have room for a unvented cylinder,why settle for a sub standard system for the sank of a few sq feet of space,larder unit in kitchen?,roof space?little boiler house in back garden against main back wall?,you will not be sorry

st clair, you have a big posh expensive nice house and want to save a bit of money by putting in a combi ??!
puddle is totally right, spend a bit of money putting in the correct system for the instalation. two choices shed boiler 400 quid combi boiler that you will rip out 1 week after instalation or do it right !!
dedicated (small) plant room, unvented cylinder, decent system boiler !!

remeha quinta 45 or 60 (more information required) as a boiler, with a manco (300 litre, blending on top to give you 400 ish litres) good system

if you really want a combi go ahead, stick in decent electric showers to cover that side and give you water when the boiler breaks down, or if you want continuous water on one bathroom use the combi for that and if you must ,bung in a cylinder as well just as you would with a system boiler. I dont really see a problem with combis in large houses as long as hw runs are minimised. Ive had combis in large houses for the last 20 years and love the fact im not continually warming water to watch it cool in a cylinder later on.

combis are big enough to give reasonable flow rates, stick an electric shower in a second bathroom and you save on the cost of cylinders and additional pipework. omho but ive raised 3 kids and had a wife and a granny in the same house and we never ran out of hot water or had any of the so called problems some people go on about.

If you live in the sw with the cost of water down here you especially dont want to be wasting it on baths and big cylinders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you must all be asked this all the time, but I want to be givern some good sound impartial advaice.

I have a 5 bed victorian house being completly updated, new bathrooms,plumbing, electrics and so on. it has two bathrooms an with two seperate showers. we like to have long showers so i am looking fo a combi boiler. there is no room for a mega flow type system. looked at worcester 42 cdi, 440 highflow, or the alpha flowsmart. i am also running underfloor heating 15m2.

So Which boiler one of the above or some thing else?
if its got to be a combi go for the high flow ive fited these and they will fill two baths together or one quickly great for two showers make sure your main is big enough 32 mm poly from the street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Edited original response, as for some reason...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
C
Seems reasonable but I'd still rather have...
Replies
Views
Back