whistling boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss whistling boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dam

any ideas on this. I thought it may need a replacement heat exchanger !

Boiler can whistle when overgassed. It will be cheaper for you to get a registered installer to check it than needlessly buy a new heat exchanger.

Which boiler model do you have?
To replace a heat exchanger could be a costly venture

Options (cheapset first) To add a noise silencer like a Fernox F2 to reduce noise.
Another option would be a powerflush of the central heating system, using a powerflush unit and chemicals like Fernox DS-40 and system neutraliser.... then fit a magnaclean filter (Professional or TwinTEch) ;)

its an old 1996 ideal elan 8kw. overgassed never thought of that, also the flow only rising to 70c which is why I thought maybe HE.

you will have to check burner op and gas rate to check for over gassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sounds odd indeed. Under warranty?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, I live in an old building with a...
Replies
Views
MLondon
M
Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
Boiler now much quieter. Plumber loosened heat...
Replies
Views
Back