who is responsible for site work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss who is responsible for site work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

plumberpete

Gas Engineer
a bit of advise needed here please i started work on a site.the boilers were all installed except some of the flues.the owner of the plumbing company asked me to start fitting the flues which i did after i fitted about 4 i told him the joints need to be screwed through the clamps and sleeves fitted as timber framed. dont worry about that he said.he now wants me and another plumber to connect up the gas meters outside.trac pipe goes straight through to the kitchen and behind the kitchen units it connects to copper then goes to boiler and cooker so hidden compression fitting behind unit and needs access.someone else will be commissioning and singing everything off.where do i stand if he ignores these issues.i am only employed as a plumber via an agency.more to follow.

its the responsibilty in the main of the owner of the company, what you need to do is put the issues in writing via email. Letting him know of the issues. Just word it like your just telling him whats wrong to keep him informed.

i would if i had fitted the flues put some screws in, get a pack from screwfix for a couple of squid. never let somebody else finish your work. I would also ask for the commissioning enginner to connect the gas meter up.

thanks mate i dont have an email addy for him as i started through an agency with him as a plumber only so no gas safe.i am going to confront him tomorrow and if need be i will walk.there is no power to the houses yet so meter is capped.

Stick a couple of these on the boilers.

image.jpg

a wee update after having another word with him he got the screws and i screwed up about 20 flues.he has also suggested access panel in unit for compression fitting.its ridiculous you have to worry weather your employer will supply the material to allow you to safely complete any gas work you have started.thanks again.

You shouldn't be doing it anyway, not being GSR, and the "commissioning engineer" must be off his head (or desperate for work.)

Oh, hang on just realised we are in GSR section - you said:
through an agency with him as a plumber only so no gas safe.

but you ARE GSR?

You shouldn't be doing it anyway, not being GSR, and the "commissioning engineer" must be off his head (or desperate for work.)

Oh, hang on just realised we are in GSR section - you said:
through an agency with him as a plumber only so no gas safe.

but you ARE GSR?

yes but i dont have to use my gas safe for just taking a job as a plumber.even anyone with ccn1 etc needs their own gas safe for their own personnel work.believe me mate if you seen some of the work on this site you wouldnt want anything to do with it i made a mistake by letting slip i had gas acs.

For some reason this goes on all the time on sites. Not sure how they get away with it.

When I worked on site I kept quiet about having my gas as I wasn't going to commission someone else's work.

Its always going to happen on site work no one is there from start to finish anymore ive seen 20 plumbers laid of on a friday as the main contractor had found a cheaper agency bto start on monday

yes but i dont have to use my gas safe for just taking a job as a plumber.even anyone with ccn1 etc needs their own gas safe for their own personnel work.believe me mate if you seen some of the work on this site you wouldnt want anything to do with it i made a mistake by letting slip i had gas acs.

Ok. Fair enough. I have never worked on a site, apart from a few jobs years ago when the builders would let the buyers employ their own workers before completion. So I wasn't subject to the builders rates or time expectations.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, I need to investigate. I visited...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
Back