Who puts in drains : plumber or builder ? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Who puts in drains : plumber or builder ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son has just moved into a victorian terraced house with the bathroom on the ground floor at the rear. He wants to move it into the room above, and move the kitchen into the old bathroom. The current bathroom has a WC with a pan going into the concrete floor, and there is a gully outside for sink waste, but no soil pipe outside at all.

He wants to have the drains updated including a soil stack ready for when the bathroom upstairs is done.

My question is who should he talk to to carry that sort of drainage work ? A builder or a plumber ?
Thanks

I'm a plumber and we do drains, everything from digging to laying the concrete again,
So its 50/50 really, id give a few local plumbers a call or post in the I'm looking for a plumber part of this forum

could be any depends if you want new access chamber and outside stack, or do you intend putting new soil pipe inside.

Generally I dont touch underground. Its a young mans game. Last one though the cust had a mini digger and dug it all out. I laid the pipe, it was inspected and he back filled and re concreted.

labourer does digging and a plumber can lay the drains, building inspector checks the trench etc and then your away

normally done by a drainage company or by a ground worker/ general builder. soil stack by plumber.

It all depends what else your having done, if you having building works then ask the builder to position the drain and your plumber to fit the stack and waste system.

A plumber will think ahead and think from a plumbing point of view of what will be best, a builder will bang it but not all are considerate for the plumber who will now have to run off of the new drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hi from Croatia One crazy plumber make many...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
F
Thanks for your reply. I don't think so. I...
Replies
Views
Funkymunkey27
F
  • Question
Thanks for the advice... makes total sense...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Back