Who uses a tablet etc for work? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Who uses a tablet etc for work? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, thinking about getting a tablet and mobile broadband for work for when i'm stuck and don't want to ring the boss all the time. I do a lot of jobs in empty properties so don't have to worry about looking a bit clueless when i'm stuck! Does anyone else use a tablet? If you do what contract do you have for the internet? I don't want a smart phone as that is more likely to get broken or dropped down the toilet - the reason I only use a £10 phone. It's not something I will use everyday but there has been loads of times when it would have come in handy. Will get all the boiler manuals put on there and will set up a document with all the fault finding stuff I have.

I use gas checker to do landlords Certs on an I pad, mine only connects to the Internet through a wireless connection. But you don't need it until you get home. Then you can print out or email.

Gas Installers Workmate for manuals
Easy Gas for certificates
Calendar to organise the troops
TuneIn Radio for when I'm flying solo

Upgrading Quickbooks to online too so we can use it on the move

Got an iPad, getting iphone for Xmas with a builders cover on it to protect from water, dust and fools. Use it for everything including calendar, maps, games, go on forums when stuck, need to download the manuals, my iphone will be used to play tunes in empty houses.

Best cases by far are griffin survivor . I never had a phone longer than 3 months in past 15 years. Had iPhone 4S for two years. Had a few cases due to scratched screen or detached ports but they are the dogs ! iPad cases equally as robust. I had a kindle at fist and uploaded 100's of boiler manuals as PDFs on to it. Worked a treat but cases are rubbish and it downed, in van on dash in tea! I pad stays in van most of time got same apps on iPhone 4S plus it's much easier to carry.

Best cases by far are griffin survivor . I never had a phone longer than 3 months in past 15 years. Had iPhone 4S for two years. Had a few cases due to scratched screen or detached ports but they are the dogs ! iPad cases equally as robust. I had a kindle at fist and uploaded 100's of boiler manuals as PDFs on to it. Worked a treat but cases are rubbish and it downed, in van on dash in tea! I pad stays in van most of time got same apps on iPhone 4S plus it's much easier to carry.
Those cases got a screen protector built in?

Excellent replies guys, think i'll go and get one tomorrow. For now I mainly want it for when i'm faced with faults and can't figure it out I can get online and get ideas on what to check. The paper work and gas forms isn't down to me as that is all handled by the office but it's something i'll be working towards in the new year for myself. Does anyone use mobile broadband? I'm considering getting one of those mobile broadband things I can take out in the van with me and take it on boiler breakdowns and services etc.

Another vote for Griffin Survivor case's. On Ipad and Iphone 5.

I use Gas checker software on the Ipad and use the Iphone Hotspot for emailing the invoices/ gas safety certs whilst on site.

I got a tesco hudle nice and cheap I have downloaded boiler manuals and alsorts 16gb memory I got it for £90 with a case (used the wife's club card point's normally around £120). I looked at the iPad etc but couldn't stand the thought of braking it lol in our job things get a hard life. I have to say I would definitely recommend one they have a long battery life as for internet I link it to my Samsung galaxy as I get it thrown in with my line rental.

I've got an Ipad on three, had it 18 months and the reception heres sound.

On the GIW you can download at home and access offline if needed

Get a giffgaff sim.

3G as never any 4g 2000 any network, 0800s and landlines unlimited texts unlimited data on 02 network not contract pay as u go just set up monthly payment , never spend more than 20 and use phone a lot. Even more now I'm hooked on ukpf.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You can, as suggested, top up at night/very...
Replies
Views
Yes I'm basically using it as a programmer to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So, to close this thread the solution I found...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for your advice I will get up into...
Replies
Views
Back