Why are toilet seats so expensive ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Why are toilet seats so expensive ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

Toilet seats these days are rubbish ! It seems more regular now that people ring to get their toilet seat replaced ! But why are they sooo expensive ? Surly theres not that much in them ! For instance on the last resturant i fitted they specified the toilet and the seat and the seat was £135 each plus the vat ! There was 7 of them !

Just seems madness to me !

For a £135 I would want one with built in heating - should have gone to Spec-Savers on route to B&Q!

It made no difference to me they speced it ! Cant think of the bog but couldnt find the seat anywhere ! Well known noodle bar ! They just throw cash at it !

As we are often fond of saying 'you only get what you pay for'.

The same goes for toilet seats.

I like the Bath Store soft close ones. They can be fitted to a back to the wall pan after it's fitted and the seat part has a button that allows it to be removed without having to take the hinges off as well. Makes replacement really easy.

I like the Bath Store soft close ones. They can be fitted to a back to the wall pan after it's fitted and the seat part has a button that allows it to be removed without having to take the hinges off as well. Makes replacement really easy.

the button silver ? seen the type costco had them in for a bit ! nice seats

its a captive market if the seat is specific to the pan horrendously expensive for what they are but you cant get one anywhere else

and I bet the royal rse is slowly lowered on a diamond jewelled hoist.

I expect she's got one of these...

Attachments

• Royal bog seat.jpg
    Royal bog seat.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Okay I’ll give it a try, thanks for your replies.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes I totally agree. I'm convinced this has...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Good need mate. Thanks for the feedback.
Replies
Views
Back