Why do customers expect you to remember them by name? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Why do customers expect you to remember them by name? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Just got a call from the tenant of a landlord I've done a couple of jobs for. Was told to mention his name and "I'd know who he was."

Makes you feel bad. It rings a bell but I'm bad with names at the best of times.

I hate it when they call up, say there first name and expect you to instantly know who it is. Especially when they have a name like Dave or something as I am sure I have worked for a fair few of them over the past year. If they were called Tarquin or something you may just know who it is.

i usually ask for their address especially if it has been a while since i worked for them. most times they say where they are so no problem.

I make a conscious effort to remember names.
I tend to save them in my phone with an address and as much details as possible. Give a more professional attitude

And I find it pays better

I never expect people to remember me. I was working in a flat with an entry phone system yesterday and had to buzz to get in about 5 times. Even though he was calling me by my first name from the word go I still announced myself as the plumber each time.

I tend to save them in my phone with an address and as much details as possible. Give a more professional attitude

I have a highly finite amount of conscious efforts available. Otherwise I'd do this too.

Just take the laid back approach and call them either mate or love.

same as , looks like me and shirleyjohns do the same

Depends on which character you are in at the time, Les or Lesley :)

Apparently to remember a name you have to say it 3 times in a very short time when talking to that person,

I've been trying to remember my girlfriends name for 12 years, I'm sure she keeps changing it......

I do same as Simon, every customer is saved in phone as following.

Under first name I put their full name, under second name I pit Customer, then they are all saves next to each other in my phone. Then I also save their adresses under that icon. IPhone are brilliant for things like that

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dg5qu0

I always tell people I have have short term memory condition and turrets syndrome for when I'm swearing my f****ng head off.

I do same as Simon, every customer is saved in phone as following.

Under first name I put their full name, under second name I pit Customer, then they are all saves next to each other in my phone. Then I also save their adresses under that icon. IPhone are brilliant for things like that

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dg5qu0

What would happen if you said phone?

I just straight up ask them, How much did you pay me? if still a little doubt in my mind I follow up with cash or cheque? what day, month, year was that?

The wife reckons I allow my life to be ruled by the money God.

I replied "what do mean Mrs. £2,200.00 wedding reception in 1981?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
The traditional 3 speed fixed settings which...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Back