Why do I have no hot water? Please help | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Why do I have no hot water? Please help in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

C

Cathy E

Hi
About 8 years ago the valve under the sink burst. Major flood. They capped the hot water pipe to the washer and apparently replumbed everything g else. Since then I had very low hot water pressure in kitchen through a single faucet double tap style tap with two flexi hose under the sink. I complained a lot and I was told by council it was the tap. But they won't repair taps. I did get a new boiler last month, nice new combi which says pressure is 1.2. But since that was fitted I have no hot water at alldownstairs. Just very low pressure cold from the hot tap and normal from the cold tap. Upstairs works great. When I turn the hot tap downstairs it doesn't trigger the boiler. The boiler man said it's the pipes. But the water guy said it was the boiler. I've purchased a new tap, was gunna get a plumber but wondered does anyone k ow what's going on? I would like to think someone checked the valve along the way and also it may be nothing, but since the boiler was fitted I've had a leak out the capped hot water supply to the washer. There is a red knob there and it's off. Only have cold to washer. I'm so fed up of having no hot water and council saying its not their problem. Could it be the tap? But if so why did it get worse with new boiler. Could there be a valve unopened somewhere but wouldn't that mean I get no water? Please help.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
22 mm will give better flow rate, to bath...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could be the washer in the tap itself.
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
It would help to know what type of system you...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back