Why does the valve have two pressure relief nipples? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Why does the valve have two pressure relief nipples? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

20200825_110738.jpg

Any ideas why the pressure relief valve on my water heater has two outlets? Is one inflow and one outflow?

I don't recognise that particular model, but it's not unusual for pressure-relief systems to have two stages. The first lower pressure one reseals after a low risk event. The second, higher pressure one is a 'burst-disc' that won't close after it's operated. This is just a guess, however, the OP will need to look at the manufacturer's specs to get a reliable answer.

What is the flexible hose connected to the other end?
It’s the infeed from the local supply.
[automerge]1601298538[/automerge]
I don't recognise that particular model, but it's not unusual for pressure-relief systems to have two stages. The first lower pressure one reseals after a low risk event. The second, higher pressure one is a 'burst-disc' that won't close after it's operated. This is just a guess, however, the OP will need to look at the manufacturer's specs to get a reliable answer.
Thanks, I can’t find a manufacturer on the valve. Having turned the mains water pressure down, it’s stopped dripping from the right and the left outlet only drips when it’s over temperature or we‘re drawing hot water from it for a prolonged period (i.e. running the shower).

Thanks, I can’t find a manufacturer on the valve. Having turned the mains water pressure down, it’s stopped dripping from the right and the left outlet only drips when it’s over temperature or we‘re drawing hot water from it for a prolonged period (i.e. running the shower).
Hmm. Check the instructions for the water heater, the valve probably came with it. To be honest, the valve shouldn't be dripping under normal usage so it needs investigating. Contact the water heater manufacturer for a list of local approved repairers.

Ultimately, if it's faulty and you can't find someone qualified to repair it you'll need to get the water heater replaced. Go for a big name brand with a proper service network and customer support for this one! It'll cost a few quid but will be cheaper than a flood.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes, I have this as well. I called a plumber...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
W
  • Question
Need a g3 eg unvented engineer
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah -- couldn't see "attach files" on my phone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They need to hold there g3 certificate eg...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Back