Why don't Gas boilers have a thermal heat store like oil boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Why don't Gas boilers have a thermal heat store like oil boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike

After living in a property with an oil boiler for three years with a Worcester heat slave Oil combi boiler which has a heat store in it i was thinking why don't all combi boilers have one such as gas boilers? it seems to make combi boilers so much more convenient

The worcester highflows do, but most don't for packaging reasons (they are much smaller).

a few manu's produce a model with a store of some sort but as said the size is prohibitive in many applications.

whats the point of buying a combi to give instant hw and then going back to storing hot water, seems to be a retrograde step in my mind, just warming water to sit there and go cold then hot then cold.

I think oil combis need them because they can't produce heat as fast as a gas boiler, so they have to store heat to provide instantaneous hot water.

Like others have said, you can get gas combis with thermal stores, but they are very expensive and tend to be troublesome in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
That is manifold fo4 all rooms on 1st floor...
2 3
Replies
Views
Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
great, thanks for sharing, really difficult to...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back