Why is my pumped shower suddenly slow in starting? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Why is my pumped shower suddenly slow in starting? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Not been on here for ages, got a lot of help when I installed my bathroom some years ago. Everything went fine until I had to replace the shower mixer valve recently. The old one had started to get stiff to turn, so I fitted an identical unit to make the job easy - it's a cheap, minimalist "Harrison Mode" unit from a well known victorian supplier. All went well, until I came back from 2 weeks away, and I now find there is a delay when I turn the shower on - was a second or two, now up to 5 seconds before the pump starts and the water starts to flow. It's fed from a low-level H&C pump and has worked fine for over 10 years. Any ideas?

Hi there

Have you sorted out your issue? If not, have you got any photos of the shower?

Upvote 0
Thanks for asking Lou. After taking 30+ seconds to kick in every morning, it seems to have cured itself over the last few days. It's a Stuart Turner - I thought it might be a blocked filter, but when I checked it doesn't have one. I wonder whether the flow switch was clogged and it has cleared itself. Fingers crossed. (We had a water supply interruption a few weeks ago, and the water was very dirty when it came back on. I have a pressure equalising valve for the bath H&C, and that is acting up too.)

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have you tried removing the head to see if it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning gents and gals, I have a Milano Tower...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? You...
Replies
Views
Back