why would water still be coming from boiler sensing pipe? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss why would water still be coming from boiler sensing pipe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

hi, i'm trying to replace diverter valve membranes on a baxi 105he. i have isolated cold water and run/left on downstairs hot water tap until empty and drained the boiler. the problem is when disconnecting the sensing pipe from the dhw diverter. water just keeps coming from the sensing pipe. can anyone tell me why this is and what to do about it. thanks.

from expansion vessel? shut flow/return, shut cold, open taps , lose pump have cloth ready.
take it from there,

Valves on the boiler may not be holding back the system water ?? If the expansion vessel has failed it could be full of water press in the Schrader valve to see if there is air in there ?? If water comes out chances are it's shot

You need to drain the heating system / the boiler heating side

thanks guys, sorted. expansion vessel seems sounds right. it did stop eventually. waiting for ch diaphragm to do that now. the valve cover seems to be welded together by limescale(?) so guess it'll just be a case of pull it off with pliers or something.

Similar plumbing topics

It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
S
hi! I'll try to upload a picture but the pipe...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Back