Wickes monobloc Mixer taps | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wickes monobloc Mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Help needed please. Can anyone enlighten me how to access the cartridge/valve on Wickes Kumai monobloc kitchen sink mixer taps. I have looked everywhere on the taps for an allen type screw to enable me to remove the cartridge/valve cover. The last mixer tap I had there was a allen type screw on the actual cover to the rear. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your reply snowhead. I have unscrewed the pegs and taken them off but can’t actually see any retaining screw.

Are you sure there isn't a grub screw with a hex key head on it? They can be quite hard to see if a bit inaccessible. Maybe try a few allen keys in there carefully (as in avoid head stripping if slightly to small a size selected) and see if anything bites.

Just a guess but, Have you tried unscrewing the peg that forms part of the handle.

It's the same tap as BENCHMARX / chantilly 546822 apparently, instructions at bottom of linked page;

https://benchmarx-kitchens.scene7.c...bloc-Sink-Mixer-Chrome~GPID_1010013568_TECH_0

Did you already know that its the same tap as Benchmark one or is there a secret trick to finding this out? Wickes can be particularly crap at putting instructions online for their own brand stuff.

Thanks for your reply snowhead. I have unscrewed the pegs and taken them off but can’t actually see any retaining screw.

look at snows link pg 2 item no 3 defo a grub screw

Did you already know that its the same tap as Benchmark one or is there a secret trick to finding this out?

First line I posted was a guess.

Then I Googled and found a reference on Ebay, then Googled the Benchmarknumber;

MODERN MONOBLOC KITCHEN SINK MIXER TAP CHROME 360 DEGREE SWIVEL SPOUT DUAL LEVER | eBay

WICKES / Kumai 173898
BENCHMARX / chantilly 546822
TP / iflo kisdon 177007

If someone Googles Wickes Kumai in the future, after the Search engine Bots have crawled around, they'll probably end up on this post.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Timmy D. Thanks for your reply. I'll try...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I find it’s often helpful to tap the handle...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? You...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for everyones help with this. I did...
Replies
Views
Back