will i loose hot water pressure with a system boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss will i loose hot water pressure with a system boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I only have a 15mm pipe from the water main and have been told this may be limiting if i go for a system boiler as some of the water pressure is used to fill the tank while the hot water is being used. Is this correct and would a combi boiler with a high flow rate be better?

I only have a 15mm pipe from the water main and have been told this may be limiting if i go for a system boiler as some of the water pressure is used to fill the tank while the hot water is being used. Is this correct and would a combi boiler with a high flow rate be better?

Ideally you would need a dedicated 22mm supply to an unvented cylinder and then balance the supply via the inlet set, although you can use an accumulator of the correct size if you have the space to help balance any pressure loss. You could consider a 111w viessman or 200 series combi storage boiler, but what ever you choose you would need to know the flow rate and water pressure before you could make any decision. To fit an unvented you would need to be or have a plumber that is G3 registered.

You need to know the Pressure and flow rate at the first draw off point on the main really. That will help a lot.
I have installed many Unvented Cylinders off a 15mm main. However, I have upgraded all of them to 22mm pipe from the entry point of the main over to the cylinder. In some cases the external supply needs upgrading and of course some areas have poor water pressure and flow either due to elevation, mains size or demand.

Is it an unvented HW cylinder, or conventional type fed from the CW storage tank?

Similar plumbing topics

PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Back