will this work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss will this work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

J

jay127

Hi
I have a idea and i wonder if it is possible or not i have a worcester 28 i junior combi boiler and last year i had some pv panels fitted. What i want to know if i can do is if i get SolarImmersion: controller and put it on a electric water heater or a watertank with a immersion somehow bypass my boiler because it cannot accept water heat more than 25 degrees I was told by Worcester . can i heat the water in the electric water heater using my excess power from pv panels and have it pumping round my rads is this possible what size tank do u think I would need

Do you have a barn roof covered in panels because you'll never impart enough heat into a thermal store with one or two immersion elements.

I imagine you're better off installing a hot water cylinder or selling the electricity back to the grid and putting that money toward your gas bill.

Hi
thank you for your reply i have a 4kw array and I get paid for my export . I have been looking at the small electric water heaters say 35 litres also so it has not got so much water to heat so hopefully i'll keep on top of it. Don't know how much water is in the average central heating system. i'm not a plumber can you tell me what the difference is between thermal storage tank and just a normal tank they look the same to me lol
Jay

You need a far greater power input to make anything worth while imho.

look at revising your set up when you have a new boiler.
you could go for an unvented cylinder for the mains pressure water and a system boiler instead of a combi.

Hi thank you for your input just to make it clear i only want to do the heating not water dont no if this will change things

hi
sorry another thing i forgot to add is that only intend to use the water heater when my pv is producing and using some kind diversion valve so it goes back throw the boiler at night

To be clear, it won't work. You will never get a return on investment to justify the outlay.

I'd be spending my money elsewhere.

No good for ch, but you could prob pre-heat your incoming water supply, and fit a blending valve, for hot water

Prob wouldn't be worth it though

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes that would work in my opinion not a expert...
Replies
Views
Were in a similar-ish situation in that our...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'll start updating my drawing and post back...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Eg...
Replies
Views
Simples, as with wind energy production we...
Replies
Views
Back