Will water run through a switched off boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Will water run through a switched off boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Long story short I have a leak from possibly the flexi hose that connects to the upstairs hot water tap.

I've switched off the boiler and mains water and waiting on a plumber but not sure when they'll arrive.

My question is if I leave the boiler off and then turn the water back on so I can use the Toliet and get water. Will the flow still push through the boiler and continue leaking?

Yes it will still flow

There should be an isolating valve under the boiler to turn the hot water off. They may be labeled "cold" or you could follow the water main if you can.

Alternatively if you take a photo and post it here I can tell you which.

Yes it will still flow

There should be an isolating valve under the boiler to turn the hot water off. They may be labeled "cold" or you could follow the water main if you can.

Alternatively if you take a photo and post it here I can tell you which.
Thank you for the reply, plumber attended pretty quick to replace the hose and confirmed everything you said. All sorted now.

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
Do I switch off Electric Hot Heater Cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back