Wire up a external oil system boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wire up a external oil system boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, my sparky has let me down.

I need to wire up a external grants system boiler.
I've got in place 4 core inside the boiler.
In the house there's is a existing programmer with a fused spur for a pump which now isn't in use anymore and a fused spur for the old boiler. There was a utility boiler with a external pump on the system which isn't required anymore.

I know we need a live permanent for the frost stat and switch live.

Any ideas how I can wire it up with your help?

Please don’t take this as a negative comment.

Wait for the electrician to be available or source a new electrician.

It is very easy to “blow” the pcb on a Grant boiler - that equates (in cost terms) to about 4 days for an electrician in Oxfordshire.

Be patient and get the right skills around you.

Apologies if this is not what you want to hear, but in my experience of Grant boilers, the pcb fries before the fuse blows!!

Perm live
Perm neutral
Perm earth

Then your switch live

No need for a pump live as I believe it’s internal to the boiler

As for frost pipe stat? Frost stat or both ?

Normally just wire them perm live and out going to pump / switch depending on what you want

It is very easy to “blow” the pcb on a Grant boiler - that equates (in cost terms) to about 4 days for an electrician in Oxfordshire.

Are you saying the cost of a pcb is the same as 4 days for an electrician. I'd love to get an electrician for less than £25 a day if that's the case. :D

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Thanks for the input on this, much...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
All sorted. It was a dodgy microswitch in the...
Replies
Views
Back