Wireless stat installation. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wireless stat installation. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright guys. I’m just putting the feelers out ready for tomorrow here folks. I’ve gotta fit a Honeywell wireless stat to a Vokera boiler. I have no experience with either so may need a little help. Cheers guys. Hopefully it’s just a live, neutral and switch live.

Normally Honeywell are

Live
Neutral

Live (normally link from l live to here)
Then switch

Depends which Vokera, one of the new ones you need to disconnect the switching pair from the plug-in timer.
Is it boiler+ compliant :)

Normally Honeywell are

Live
Neutral

Live (normally link from l live to here)
Then switch
You know me mate. Wiring for dummies ha.
You’ve lost me with this ?

4795E95F-1FE8-43E6-83CF-BDDC94FC3464.jpeg

Macka,

I think all the advice you need is there.

I would only add that Vokera are not consistent with their boiler control philosophy - they seem to develop / evolve it even within the same range.

Read the MI’s for the model you are working on twice before connecting - the pcb’s are very intolerant of the wrong voltage across connections.

Weather compensation is often through a relay ( to create a second channel for hot water control), that is not present on the early models

Good luck

I got it done chaps thanks. As the new receiver was plastic I didn’t have an earth port so just cut them back and taped. All working fine. Thanks again

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
I like the Baxi range but they’re not self...
Replies
Views
Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
There’s a spare neutral next to ls in the...
Replies
Views
Back