Wiring an S-Plan onto a Combi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wiring an S-Plan onto a Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan-HybridHeat

Gas Engineer
I've just had to condemn an old 145L Andrews unvented water heater in a hair salon, and I am going back to fit an indirect unvented cylinder. They have a Worcester 230 combi in there at the minute which runs the heating and hot water for the kitchen sink.

I'm planning on leaving the kitchen sink running from the combi, and running the rest of the hot water from the new cylinder. Obviously there will be the 2 2-port valves controlled by a twin channel programmer, but I'm wondering how I wire the boiler seeing as it's a combi? I'm assuming it's similar to wiring it as normal to a system boiler, but not sure if the boiler will have the correct terminals to allow me to do it. The boiler MI's don't have great wiring diagrams so any help would be much appreciated!

Not 100% sure but think you take switch live from timer to X4 terminal block, connection No 2 but check with Worcester first,

Will give them a bell and check that, at least I've got somewhere to start now. It's actually out in Crapstone pretty close to you

here you go mate

combi s plan.jpg

and on the 230 think its

pin 1 is live sent
pin 2 live return (heat call)

any questions please ask

Last edited:
So if I take the SL from the oranges into pin 2, and the HW ON demand from the programmer into pin 1 that should do it?

I've only wired a few S-plans before but from scratch they're easy with the diagram

Last edited:
So if I take the SL from the oranges into pin 2, and the HW ON demand from the programmer into pin 1 that should do it?

I've only wired a few S-plans before but from scratch they're easy with the diagram

you will need to zone the heating as well unless there ok with heating on in the summer

Dont forget your auto bypass as well

and did one for your boiler

Worcester Rsf 230.png

Thanks for that mate appreciate it. Last thing, will I need to leave the link in between pin 1 and 2 or remove it?

Thanks for that mate appreciate it. Last thing, will I need to leave the link in between pin 1 and 2 or remove it?

It should be removed unless they don't have a room stat but needs to be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Yes the stat is a dual stat. You can see it at...
Replies
Views
Yes some are linked internally eg Drayton...
Replies
Views
Before moving into this house, I would have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here's an attachment of the PDF if people are...
Replies
Views
Back