Wiring help to Hive controller | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wiring help to Hive controller in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,
I am after some advice regarding an issue after a Hive Dual Channel install.
I have installed the Hive system to my gravity fed HW and pumped central heating system and it works fine, water comes on as requested and the pump comes on when CH is selected.
The issue I have is that the system is a Baxi Bermuda back boiler and gas fire and I now cannot get power to the fire.
The boiler has a built in thermostat for the water temp, which I have just turned up to full.
I have wired up the controller backplate as follows:-
Permanent Neutral - neutral from 3 amp spur, plus neutrals for boiler and pump.
Permanent Live - live from 3 amp spur
3 - Live to boiler (HW on)
4 - Live to pump (CH on)

There is no electrical power to the gas fire, which means we cannot light it up.
Would it be as easy as linking the permanent live to connection 3 (live to boiler), as we only ever have the fire on when the water is on anyway?
Thanks in advance

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Shaun I will have a go at it on...
Replies
Views
Brilliant. All up and running. Thanks for...
Replies
Views
Thanks for everyone's help. Hive is installed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot...
Replies
Views
Back